Connecting two sites with Dial on demand ISDN routers

Connecting two sites with Dial on demand ISDN routers

Post by Telenor Online New » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello.

I want to connect two sites (in different geographical locations) in the
same organization (both running MS Exchange 5.5). The sites are connected
with a 64Kb ISDN access and Dial-on-Demand routers. One of these sites
should be connected to a ISP on a dedicated connection (384Kb).

What type of connectors should be used to connect these sites with each
other?

What type of connectors should be used to connect one of the sites to the
ISP?

Thanks
Frode Gorseth

Siv.ing. Frode Gorseth
System Engineer at Utel Systems AS
Dybedalsveien 40
4877 Grimstad
Norway
Home: +47 37 09 17 25
Work: +47 37 04 13 11
Cellular: +47 98 81 64 91

Web: www.pvv.ntnu.no/~fgorseth/, www.utelsystems.com

Connecting two sites with Dial on demand ISDN routers

Post by Robert Richar » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

There are only two possible connectors to use:
1.  IMS using connected sites
2.  x.400 connector

Site connector is useless because it requires a constant connection.
x.400 connector needs to be configured for remote initiated on the dedicated
side, and whatever schedule you wish on the dial-on-demand side.

Also, keep in mind that the 64K dial-on-demand needs to be assigned a static
IP every time it connects -- this IP needs to be specified on the stack tab
of the dedicated side's x.400 connector.  If you can find some way to
dynamically modify DNS every time you connect so you can use the host name
on the stack tab, let me know...  I'd be really interested in knowing...

Or, you could use the IMS connected sites and queue mail for ETRN for the
remote site.  Again, a static IP is required so exchange knows what host to
dequeue the mail to.

> Hello.

> I want to connect two sites (in different geographical locations) in the
> same organization (both running MS Exchange 5.5). The sites are connected
> with a 64Kb ISDN access and Dial-on-Demand routers. One of these sites
> should be connected to a ISP on a dedicated connection (384Kb).

> What type of connectors should be used to connect these sites with each
> other?

> What type of connectors should be used to connect one of the sites to the
> ISP?

> Thanks
> Frode Gorseth
> --

> Siv.ing. Frode Gorseth
> System Engineer at Utel Systems AS
> Dybedalsveien 40
> 4877 Grimstad
> Norway
> Home: +47 37 09 17 25
> Work: +47 37 04 13 11
> Cellular: +47 98 81 64 91

> Web: www.pvv.ntnu.no/~fgorseth/, www.utelsystems.com

Connecting two sites with Dial on demand ISDN routers

Post by Bill Rankin » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Could you amplify this please? KB article maybe?

Do you mean that IMS can transmit using the RRAS connection, rather than
using the internet?

The two Exchange Servers are also both RRAS servers and file servers and
BDCs and both networks need to be able to see each other's files on demand.
Can this co-exist with IMS over RRAS?

Thanks in advance
Bill Rankine
infox

>Or, you could use the IMS connected sites and queue mail for ETRN for the
>remote site.  Again, a static IP is required so exchange knows what host to
>dequeue the mail to.

1. Connecting two sites with Dial on demand ISDN routers

[...]

2. Adding Security Banner to Messages:

3. One Outlook Client , 2 "from addresses"

4. help with setting up a mail connection using an ISDN dial-on-demand router

5. Groupwise 6.0 to Exchange 2000 migration

6. ISDN Router connecting two sites sharing the same MS post office

7. User not recieving notification

8. Exchange 5.5 using On-Demand ISDN Router