How to set auto-reply for individual user? Please Help.

How to set auto-reply for individual user? Please Help.

Post by Joe » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 02:53:31

Dear All,

I'm new to this newsgroup and new to Exchange5.5 too. How
can I configurate the EXchange 5.5 so that it can
automatically reply the message for indvidual user?
(Actually the user is no longer work for our company, I
want to make a auto-reply for mails sending to his
mailbox.)

Thx.

How to set auto-reply for individual user? Please Help.

Post by tom s » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 04:18:36

do it in his outlook profile.  the out of office assistant
should do just what you're looking for.  its under tools
in outlook.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Dear All,

>I'm new to this newsgroup and new to Exchange5.5 too. How
>can I configurate the EXchange 5.5 so that it can
>automatically reply the message for indvidual user?
>(Actually the user is no longer work for our company, I
>want to make a auto-reply for mails sending to his
>mailbox.)

>Thx.
>.

How to set auto-reply for individual user? Please Help.

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 10:53:40

That idea is bad for two reasons.

First, it requires opening up settings in the Internet Mail Service that
permits mail loops, which can kill your server if not detected soon enough.

Second, replies just tell Spammers that they've reached a live mailbox.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

Quote:> Dear All,

> I'm new to this newsgroup and new to Exchange5.5 too. How
> can I configurate the EXchange 5.5 so that it can
> automatically reply the message for indvidual user?
> (Actually the user is no longer work for our company, I
> want to make a auto-reply for mails sending to his
> mailbox.)

> Thx.

1. Auto replies to internet e-mail for individual user

I have Outlook 2000 and an Exchange 5.5 sp 4 server.  I
have 1 user who wants to have automatic responses sent for
any internet e-mail they receive.  They don't want the
automatic response sent to other internal users on the
Exchange server.  Is this possible and if so how?  I have
looked at using a script for the Inbox folder, but am not
a programmer and don't know how to get it to respond to
only e-mail from external users.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

2. Simple question-please read!

3. setting up public folder to auto-reply to selected users when message is received

4. logging stuff

5. autoreply message format ( auto-reply , auto reply)

6. setup /forestprep fail

7. Auto-Reply when exchange server is set to not allow autoreply

8. fax receipt problem

9. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

10. HELP: Auto-reply on Exchange public folder reply only to internal e-mail addresses

11. Auto Reply - Not Auto Reply with Out of Office

12. How to set auto reply email for one account on Exchange Sever 5.5

13. How to set auto reply email in Exchange server 5.5