(urgent)unable to send email outside of office

(urgent)unable to send email outside of office

Post by matt » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:01:35

I am unable to send email outside of the office, I can
receive emails from the outside, I have checked the DNS
and all zones, records appear to be correct, we are
hosting our own DNS servers, help I'm lost

(urgent)unable to send email outside of office

Post by Susan Conke » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:12:38

can you telnet from your Exchange server on port 25 to one of the external
email servers you're trying to reach?

Quote:> I am unable to send email outside of the office, I can
> receive emails from the outside, I have checked the DNS
> and all zones, records appear to be correct, we are
> hosting our own DNS servers, help I'm lost

(urgent)unable to send email outside of office

Post by matt » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:56:11

yes I can, I receive a ready response, next please
> [...]

Post by matt » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:58:47

yes I can telnet over port 25 to one of the servers, next
please.......

Post by Susan Conke » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 05:05:38

did you send a message from the telnet session?  do you get any error or NDR
when trying to send email via Outlook?

> yes I can telnet over port 25 to one of the servers, next
> please.......

Post by matt » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 05:05:19

yes I can, any more ideas would be greatly appreciated
> [...]

Post by matt » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 05:17:14

how do I send a message via telnet, when I connect over
port 25 I get a ready indication, what do I do next?,  I
receive the following error message "The following
recipient(s) could not be reached:" but the recepient in
question is valid and working and have verified with yahoo
mail that it is receiving, thank you for your help

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>did you send a message from the telnet session?  do you

get any error or NDR
>when trying to send email via Outlook?

>> yes I can telnet over port 25 to one of the servers,
next
>> please.......

Post by Susan Conke » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 05:39:31

for emailing via telnet see this:
http://www.rdpslides.com/webresources/FAQ00035.htm

if that works, then I don't know why you cannot send via Outlook - can you
email the administrator/postmaster of the place you're trying to email?

> how do I send a message via telnet, when I connect over
> port 25 I get a ready indication, what do I do next?,  I
> receive the following error message "The following
> recipient(s) could not be reached:" but the recepient in
> question is valid and working and have verified with yahoo
> mail that it is receiving, thank you for your help

Post by matt » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 05:46:28

I was able to successfully email via telnet, but not via
outlook, I am the administrator of both places, any thing
else you can think of? thanks for your help, if not does
anyone else know why or have an idea.

Post by matt » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 06:05:01

p.s. we cannot email to anyone outside of the office, not
just one domain

Post by Susan Conke » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 06:25:38

and you did the telnet session from your Exchange server?  that doesn't make
sense...is your IMS configured for inbound only?  what's in the "Address
space" in the IMS properties?

> p.s. we cannot email to anyone outside of the office, not
> just one domain

Post by Richard Shortlan » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 06:40:22

Have you installed the Blaster patch?  I did on my Exchange 5.5 server
running on NT4 SP6a and have found that I cannot send any external mail
now!!  I have been looking for an answer to this and haven't found one yet.

Richard Shortland
Network Administrator
Castle Community School

Quote:> I am unable to send email outside of the office, I can
> receive emails from the outside, I have checked the DNS
> and all zones, records appear to be correct, we are
> hosting our own DNS servers, help I'm lost

(urgent)unable to send email outside of office

Post by matt » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 08:19:36

yes I did the telnet from the exchange server, my IMS is
configured for inbound and outbound and the address space
is set to (*), now you know why I'm pulling my hair out, I
am on the phone w/microsoft support now. and so far no
resolution, have a feeling I'm gonna get bounced to
someone else, If you can think of anything else that would
be great, and if microsoft can resolve I'll post up to let
you know what the resolution was.
thanks!!!
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>and you did the telnet session from your Exchange

server?  that doesn't make
>sense...is your IMS configured for inbound only?  what's
in the "Address
>space" in the IMS properties?

>> p.s. we cannot email to anyone outside of the office,
not
>> just one domain

Post by Lisa » Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:37:06

I need to apply the patch, so I'm interested in knowing if
you've resolved the problem and if yes, what the fix was.
Thanks,  - Lisa