deleting an address generator - How???? event 2037

deleting an address generator - How???? event 2037

Post by Mike Seare » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I installed a couple of trial fax servers that integrate in with exchange.

The exchange server that was being tested replicated the address generator
info onto another exchange server.  Now exchange server has the address
generators defined and I can not remove them.    I get event  2037 error
when it replicates to another server.   I trashed the trial fax exchange
server so I cannot remove anything from there.

MS KB only says how to add the dll's back in so the address generator will
work - no info on how to remove the address generator.

Also would like to know how to remove a one-off address template for the
same reasons.

any help greatly appreciated.

deleting an address generator - How???? event 2037

Post by Matt Schaefe » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Take a look in www.dejanews.com, Rich Matheisen had posted a very hlepful
article about this in the past.

Quote:> I installed a couple of trial fax servers that integrate in with exchange.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MV » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>I installed a couple of trial fax servers that integrate in with exchange.

>The exchange server that was being tested replicated the address generator
>info onto another exchange server.  Now exchange server has the address
>generators defined and I can not remove them.    I get event  2037 error
>when it replicates to another server.   I trashed the trial fax exchange
>server so I cannot remove anything from there.

>MS KB only says how to add the dll's back in so the address generator will
>work - no info on how to remove the address generator.

>Also would like to know how to remove a one-off address template for the
>same reasons.

>any help greatly appreciated.

How comfortable are you working in raw mode? Make a backup of the
Directory before beginning!

Before proceeding, you check the "Site Addressing" tab on the Site
Addressing object's property page. If the generator that created the
Address Type you want to remove isn't there, I'd stop now and call for
help.

Anyway, start the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program in Raw mode
(with the -r switch). Open the site container. Then open the
Addressing container. Select the E-Mail Address Generators container.

In the right-hand window you should see the Address Generators that
are currently installed. Select the Generator for the Address Type you
want to delete. Select Delete Raw Object from the Edit menu.

Exchange will throw up a dialog box:

WARNING: A raw delete should nor be performed without prior
consultation with Microsoft Product Support Services. Do not proceed
unless you completely understand the potential adverse effects that
incorrect usage of this feature could have on an entire site.

Go ahead and click OK.

Another dialog will appear:

The selected object and all objects below it will be deleted from the
directory service. Deletions will take effect immediately and will
replicate to other servers. Are you sure you want to proceed?

Click "Yes".

Now you've got to delete the actual address from the raw properties of
the Site Addressing object. So, select the Site Addressing object and
use the "File | Raw Properties" menu.

Select the Gateway Proxy attribute from the Object Attributes list.
Now, select the address type that you want to delete from the
"Attribute Values". Click Remove. The address type will be removed.
Click OK. The address type shouldn't show up in the Site Addressing
properties any more. And, an e-mail address of that type shouldn't be
created when you create a new user.

If a One-Off Address Template remains after that, treat it in the same
fashion as you did the Address Generator.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

1. EXCH 5.5 SP 2 Event ID 2037 in Application Log

After applying SP2, trying to create mailboxes or custom recipients returns
Event ID 2037 errors, as in Q190025, but complains about files inproxy.dll,
x400prox.dll and pcproxy.dll as descussed in Q194321.  I've changed the file
attributes as discussed for all e-mail generators but still have the same
problem.  Anybody had same or similar problems after applying SP2 or know
what to try next?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Wise
Systems Administrator
Indigo Networks

2. Any problems with GroupShield and SP2?

3. No Faxination coversheet

4. Event ID 2037/2036 - imcadmin.dll not current

5. Emergency HELP NEEDED! Replication Problem.

6. EXCH 5.5 SP 2 Event ID 2037 in Application Log

7. Moving Exchange Server (New Hardware)

8. Unable to load service pack due to event id 2037

9. EXCH 5.5 SP 2 Event ID 2037 in Application Log

10. HOWTO: Delete an Address Generator and address template