IMAP not working

Post by Eric » Sat, 14 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I've been using outlook 97 to access my mailbox on  exchange 5.5 for some time now.
Even though I have IMAP enabled on the server I cannot connect with outlook
express using IMAP.
I always get authentication failed messages when using IMAP, but it works fine
with outlook 97. I have successfully set up IMAP accounts at ISOCOR and that

Thanks in advance
Eric

IMAP not working

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 14 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>I've been using outlook 97 to access my mailbox on  exchange 5.5 for some time now.
>Even though I have IMAP enabled on the server I cannot connect with outlook
>express using IMAP.
>I always get authentication failed messages when using IMAP, but it works fine
>with outlook 97. I have successfully set up IMAP accounts at ISOCOR and that

Probably the account name is wrong. Try this format:

        <NTDomain>/<NTAccount>/<ExchangeAlias>

BTW, Outlook and OE use completely different authentication
mechanisms.

1. POP3/IMAP not working on exchange 5.5 / Win2k

Getting error "A required privilege is not held by the client" from outlook
express when connecting to the exchange server using pop3 or imap. The
protocols are enabled for all the users. However, comparing my system
(NT4/EX5.5) with the win2k server, there is a "Permisions" tab on the pop3
protocol dialogue that I dont have on my ex admin.

Anybody any thoughts on this ? I don't really want to go in a "play" with
the settings as this server is in the US and Im in the UK.

This appears to be in the event view app log, nothing much from exchange
though.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: SceCli
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1202
Date:  9/27/2001
Time:  2:23:14 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: ********1
Security policies are propagated with warning. 0x534 : No mapping between
account names and security IDs was done.
Please look for more details in TroubleShooting section in Security Help.

JB

2. Dialup SMTP and Exchange 5.5

3. POP3 / IMAP Not working - Help!

4. No mapping between account names and security ID was done

5. SSL and IMAP does not work!

6. Dist Groups: Can they exclude the sender?

7. SMTP (POP3) works, IMAP does not

8. IMPing???

9. imap wil not work

10. SSL and IMAP does not work!

11. URL displayed with IMAP client does not work

12. SSL and IMAP does not work!

13. Possible SP4-Exchange 5.5 SP1 Problem - LDAP/SSL + IMAP + POP3 not working