SSL Connection between sites - iis install before Exchange

SSL Connection between sites - iis install before Exchange

Quote:> Hello,

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>we want setup a encrypted communication between Exchange Sites via IMS and
>SSL. Microsoft documentation says, that you have to install IIS before
>Exchange to generate SSL keys for Exchange.

>Is there really no other solution?

It's the only way I know to associate a x.509 certificate to the IP
address and port number.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

SSL Connection between sites - iis install before Exchange

Post by Rolf Cerf » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Thank you Rich. Maybe this is a solution. Do you have any sugestion how this
works, or do you know where I can find documentation about this topic.
Regards

Rolf Cerff

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>Thank you Rich. Maybe this is a solution. Do you have any sugestion how this
>works, or do you know where I can find documentation about this topic.

The IIS4 and Certificate Server docs should have that information.

Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP