Can someone direct me to a guide for testing an Exchange 5.5 Restore

Can someone direct me to a guide for testing an Exchange 5.5 Restore

Post by Garr » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:09:55

I would like to test our tape backups to determine how
long it will take to recover from a disaster.  My
critical concern is Exchange.

I would like to be able to throw together an NT server.
Then load Exchange.  Then restore my Exchange info from
backup.

If anyone has a guide that has the appropriate steps, or
articles with things to consider, or advice, it would be
most appreciated.

Thank you

Can someone direct me to a guide for testing an Exchange 5.5 Restore

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:14:24

See
http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/administration/55/BackupRe...

If link wraps, try http://tinyurl.com/2f68

> I would like to test our tape backups to determine how
> long it will take to recover from a disaster.  My
> critical concern is Exchange.

> I would like to be able to throw together an NT server.
> Then load Exchange.  Then restore my Exchange info from
> backup.

> If anyone has a guide that has the appropriate steps, or
> articles with things to consider, or advice, it would be
> most appreciated.

> Thank you

Can someone direct me to a guide for testing an Exchange 5.5 Restore

Post by Susa » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:17:15

here you go:

http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/administration/55/BackupRe...
sp

Quote:> I would like to test our tape backups to determine how
> long it will take to recover from a disaster.  My
> critical concern is Exchange.

> I would like to be able to throw together an NT server.
> Then load Exchange.  Then restore my Exchange info from
> backup.

> If anyone has a guide that has the appropriate steps, or
> articles with things to consider, or advice, it would be
> most appreciated.

> Thank you

1. Can someone guide me on Exchange server CALs issue

We have a exchange on web server in internet environment.on which we wanted
to provide mail access to all the members registered on the site.how will
the licensing considered in this case.If we provide only web access mail
will it be considered as a CAL or is it only when you provide a POP3 access?

If we change the POP3 incoming port and replace with a virtual port will it
not be considered as a CAL?

Regards

Mohan

2. Outlook Web Access and Change NT domain password option.

3. re-directing emails sent to someone in our domain to another mailbox on our domain

4. Exchange Communications over ISDN WAN

5. Test of Backup and Restore of 5.5

6. Ghost Program

7. Can someone test this.. Im stumped

8. How to automatically create Mailbox Resources

9. FS: MCSE Exchange Server 5.5 training guide

10. FS: Exchange Server 5.5 MCSE Training Guide

11. Looking for good guide for OWA for Exchange 5.5

12. FS: Exchange Server 5.5 MCSE Training Guide with CD

13. Canned Exchange Quota Messages and how to change