Backups not working...Please help

Post by Daniell » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:07:38

A week ago, my backups on Exchange stopped working.  Nothing on the server
had been changed.  They keep timing out at different spots in the /dsdata
folder.  Does this mean my directory is bad?  Everytime it times out, we end
up having to abort the backup which causes the exbar.exe process to keep
running.  We have to reboot the server to get the process to stop so we can
try running backups again.  I've posted a message with HP.  My main concern
is whether or not the directory may be damaged.  Is there a way to test
this?  Is anyone familiar with Omniback?  Thanks for your help.

Backups not working...Please help

Are you backing up \exchsrvr\*.* or Exchange Directory and InfoStore?

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

Backups not working...Please help

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 04:43:51

This is wrong in a big way. Get Exchange agent for Omniback ASAP! Then read
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/administration/55/BackupRe...

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

Backups not working...Please help

Post by Daniell » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 04:49:43

Forgive me, I said that wrong.  I have the exchange agent for omniback
loaded.  For a full backup It gives me two options for what to backup, the
DS & MDB.  It backs up the MDB fine.  But when it gets to the DS, it times
out at different times.

Quote:> This is wrong in a big way. Get Exchange agent for Omniback ASAP! Then
read

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/administration/55/BackupRe...
sp

> > I'm backing up \exchsrvr\*.*.  It backs up the \mbdata folder, then it
gets
> > to the \dsdata folder and it times out.

wrote in

> > > Are you backing up \exchsrvr\*.* or Exchange Directory and InfoStore?

> > server
> > /dsdata
> > end
> > can
> > concern

> > > --
> > > Corrections are welcome.

> > > For "Good post" practice visit
> > > http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

> > > Kirill.

> --
> Corrections are welcome.

> For "Good post" practice visit
> http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

> Kirill.

Backups not working...Please help

What is MDB?

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

Backups not working...Please help

Post by Daniell » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 05:28:24

The MDB is the priv.edb, pub.edb, and edb*.log.  Not sure why they name it
the MDB.  Guess since it's in the \mdbdata folder.  These back up fine.
When it tries to backup the dir.edb and the directories edb*.log files it
times out.

> What is MDB?

> > Forgive me, I said that wrong.  I have the exchange agent for omniback
> > loaded.  For a full backup It gives me two options for what to backup,
the
> > DS & MDB.  It backs up the MDB fine.  But when it gets to the DS, it
times
> > out at different times.

wrote in

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:38:18

> The MDB is the priv.edb, pub.edb, and edb*.log.  Not sure why they name it
> the MDB.

They who?

Quote:>  Guess since it's in the \mdbdata folder.  These back up fine.
> When it tries to backup the dir.edb and the directories edb*.log files it
> times out.

I repeat once again do NOT backup contents of \exchsrvr. Does Omniback show
"Exchange Directory" and "Information Store" objects?

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

1. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

2 days ago I had a Hard Drive crash on my exchange server <<<< no big deal
it was Raid 5
but after some inspection I found that the RAID backplane was screwed so a
discussion was made to create a new server and put Exchange on it.
No big Deal, configured the server renamed the old on server which was SPOCK
to SPOCK1 named the new server SPOCK now SPOCK1 is/was a BDC the new Spock
is not E-mail is up and running fine but I have noticed some residual
problems. Anywhere I had given a local group access to a mailbox they can no
longer see it. It tells them that no do not have permission to view the
mailbox. Any Ideas? please this has me stumped
If I need to make this a BDC is there any way to make a normal server a BDC
with having to completely reinstall?

Please help

2. Can MS-Exchange do this?

3. Forms not working - Help please

4. Permanent Deletion of Messages?

5. OWA not working - Please Help

6. Deploying Outlook 2002 to 30 users

7. Ian, your suggestion is not working! Please help

8. Team calendar HELP

9. Relaying not working - please help

10. Please Help - Exchange Admin Not Working

11. Help Please - Public Folder(s) Not Working

12. SMTP outgoing mail not working - PLEASE help