Relay !!

Post by Andreas Larse » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I know there is someway to disable the relay funktion on the mail server.
can some explaine how ?

Relay !!

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

In the Property page of the IMS disable SMTP Relay.

___________________________
Wesley H. Peace III

Microsoft Exchange/BackOffice MVP
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle' - Fr. James Keller

>I know there is someway to disable the relay funktion on the mail server.
>can some explaine how ?

Relay !!

Post by Massimo Pighett » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi Andreas.
        Install the Service Pack 1 for Exchange. There is a document that
say how to do for disabling relay with the service pack's new features.

                Massimo Pighetti.

1. How can I relay mail to different mail relay hosts

Hello,
    I'd like to use 1 Internet mail service on one of our Exchange 5.5
servers to send SMTP mail to different mail relays.  I want any mail
destined for an internal DNS domain (host.mycompany.com) to goto one of our
UNIX boxes and all other mail not for mycompany.com to go out to my ISP's
mail relay.  Can this be done in the IMS by specifying 'by E-mail domain' un
the Connections tab? If so, how?  I basicially want to say

if host.mycompany.com  --->  internal box
all other non company mail ---->  ISP's mail relay host

Thanks,
Steve March, MCSE

2. URGENT!!! Can not send out to the world

3. relaying to a sub-domain fails when we switch to mail relay

4. Backup Exec For NT Problems

5. Can't Stop Open Relay and Can't Relay Internal Mail

6. Windows Messaging

7. Relaying mail from Unix systems - without being open relay

8. Hardware upgrade for our 5.0 Exchange Server!

9. Relaying: Out can you tell if someone is relaying thru your server

10. Relay but NOT open relay

11. Relaying issue - Forwards give relaying denied error

12. 554 SPAM-Relay detected and Relaying denied

13. Preventing Spammers from Relaying, But Allowing MY Web Server to Relay