When using Outlook 2000 and Exchange server, messages are received as attachment

When using Outlook 2000 and Exchange server, messages are received as attachment

Post by Amol » Sun, 20 Feb 2000 04:00:00

we have a MS Exchange 5.5 server, when the user using outlook
2000 receive the mails...they receive it as an attachment.

Can anyone please solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Amol.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 20 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>we have a MS Exchange 5.5 server, when the user using outlook
>2000 receive the mails...they receive it as an attachment.

>Can anyone please solve this problem.

The only time I've seen this happen is when the message was written in
a character set that's not installed on the Exchange server. There's
usually some text in the message accompanying the attachment, ot an
event in the Applications Log telling you this.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Outlook 2000 cannot send or receive mail from Exchange Server 2000

    After a long struggle I have been able to get a POP3 gateway (IGetMail
http://www.lockstep.com ) that I believe is suitable for collecting mail
from a POP3 server on my ISP and directing this mail to various Exchange
Server Mailboxes based on address information in the to: fields of the mail
headers. I have installed it no problem and it seems to be collecting mail
from the POP3 server with no problems. It also seems to be able to identify
and communicate with the IMS via SMTP (an examination of the logs produced
by IGetMail shows successful transfers both *from* the POP3 server and *to*
an SMTP server).

So what's my problem? Well having got that far I am able to neither send nor
receive mail through Exchange server in my Outlook 2000 client, I can
however see a list of messages which I imported to my mailbox using ExMerge
from a previous Exchange Server 5.5 installation.

So the situation is this:

I am running Exchange Server 2000  on a Windows 2000 Server (Service Pack 3)
domain conroller.
DNS and Active Directory were installed and configured as part of the
promotion of this server (although I removed the "." zone in the DNS to
allow me to forward DNS requests to my ISP whilst still handling local names
in the local server).
Users and mailboxes have been configured via ADUC

However I still cannot send or receive mail with Outlook 2000 via exchange
server 2000.

Any Ideas?

Regards,

Col Picking

2. GroupShield for Exchange ver 4.04

3. I can not send or receive external email by using exchange server 2000

4. Addressbook Sync.

5. Why am I getting this message in Exchange 2000

6. delivery restrictions on IMC fail

7. Deleting Inbox Message using Outlook 2002 on Exchange 2000 SP3

8. InterOrg Import Question

9. I am having trouble connecting to my exchange server at home using TCP-Ip

10. Restoring a Exchange Server 2000-----help me I am stuck

11. Using Outlook 2000 and Exchange Server

12. Problem on Outlook Using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Window 2000 Server

13. workflow applications by using outlook 2000 forms with exchange server 5.5