Is there a way to determine who is accessing mailboxes?

Is there a way to determine who is accessing mailboxes?

Post by Paul Blase » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:03:59

We have Outlook clients on our local lan and clients who attach through a
vpn. We need to be able to report on which clients access individual
mailboxes, ideally by IP address. Is this possible?

Is there a way to determine who is accessing mailboxes?

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:27:41

You get application events based NT account, when a mailbox is opened by a
userid that is not the primary owner of the mailbox.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

Quote:> We have Outlook clients on our local lan and clients who attach through a
> vpn. We need to be able to report on which clients access individual
> mailboxes, ideally by IP address. Is this possible?

Is there a way to determine who is accessing mailboxes?

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:19:50

But you can get a huge amount of false positives.  For example, a user
looking at the calendar of another generates a security event.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> You get application events based NT account, when a mailbox is opened by a
> userid that is not the primary owner of the mailbox.

> --

> regards,
> Michael Abbaticchio
> Microsoft Exchange Server MVP
> Do not attempt to email me direct from
> here.  Visit my web site,
> and click on my email link..
> http://www.exchangemvp.com

> > We have Outlook clients on our local lan and clients who attach through
> > vpn. We need to be able to report on which clients access individual
> > mailboxes, ideally by IP address. Is this possible?

Is there a way to determine who is accessing mailboxes?

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:49:53

I explained this to him privately, along with an editorial on not hiring
those you can't trust.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio
Microsoft Exchange Server MVP
Do not attempt to email me direct from
here.  Visit my web site,
and click on my email link..
http://www.exchangemvp.com

> But you can get a huge amount of false positives.  For example, a user
> looking at the calendar of another generates a security event.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange

> > You get application events based NT account, when a mailbox is opened by
> > userid that is not the primary owner of the mailbox.

> > --

> > regards,
> > Michael Abbaticchio
> > Microsoft Exchange Server MVP
> > Do not attempt to email me direct from
> > here.  Visit my web site,
> > and click on my email link..
> > http://www.exchangemvp.com

> > > We have Outlook clients on our local lan and clients who attach
through
> > > vpn. We need to be able to report on which clients access individual
> > > mailboxes, ideally by IP address. Is this possible?

1. I am getting the following error when trying to access sample exchange apps

      The page cannot be displayed
      There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot
be displayed.

      Please try the following:

        a.. Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

        b.. Open the caravelli.com home page, and then look for links to the
information you want.
      HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
      Internet Information Services

        a.. Error Type:
        WSS.Form.1 (0x8004022A)
        Bind to session failed for
'http://caravelli.com/public/Templates/Resources/TeamToDo.asp',
hr=0x80040e19.
        /public/Templates/Resources/Boilerplate.vbs, line 771

        b.. Browser Type:
        Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Q312461)

        c.. Page:
        GET /public/templates/

        d.. Time:

2. SMTP Relay

3. I am trying to setup outlook web access

4. Anybody knows how to transfer data from Microsoft Exchange to Microsoft Outlook???????????????

5. Setting up am mailbox as a resource

6. Exchange 5.0 addressbook

7. Am I Dreaming?

8. Periodic Missing Emails

9. I am looking for a good Fax server addon for Exchange 5.5

10. Am I correct on this?

11. I am looking for a way to synchronize our palm units VIA Internet

12. I am getting a an error MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND

13. I am sorry...It is the remaining part of the program