Remote mail access

Post by Kenneth Porte » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 04:57:10

How does one do remote mail access with Exchange on SBS? I don't
particularly want to expose the RPC port to the Internet after this month's
DCOM business. Should I be looking at VPN?

I'm an SMTP/IMAP/POP3 Linux admin, and Exchange is still an unknown
quantity.

--
Kenneth Porter
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/

Remote mail access

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 09:01:18

Quote:> How does one do remote mail access with Exchange on SBS? I don't
> particularly want to expose the RPC port to the Internet after this
> month's DCOM business. Should I be looking at VPN?

Yes, VPN or the new RPC over HTTPS capability in Outlook 2003.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

1. remote mail access

I want to set up a remote user (non office based) with an e-mail address on
our own domain, which resides on our NT server. I assume his mail will sit
in a mail box on our server, where he is set up as an exchange remote user
(with a globe next his name), but he is not set up as an NT user. When I try
to log on to collect his mail I am asked for a password, but the only place
I can set a password is if I set him up as an NT user. Do I have to do this
to allow remote access to his mail box? But even when I did this I still
could not open his mail box.

Pointers appreciated! thanks
Colin McKenzie

2. Help needed, I want to send all messages received with unknown recipient to a special mailbox

3. Remote Mail Access

4. Outlook Remote Mail problem

5. Remote mail access

6. Mailbox Quotas

7. Remote Mail access

8. Block incoming messages to only one domain of several hosted

9. Remote Mail Access Question? No OWA.

10. Accessing Mail from remote locations

11. Accessing mail from a remote source

12. Remote Access to Exchange Mail

13. Remote access to e-mail