max mailbox size, max pub folder size

Post by AlexandrDiogene » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 04:39:02

What is the maximum size of a mailbox in Exch 5.5? Exch 2K?

What is the maximum size of a single public folder in Exch
5.5? Exch 2K?

What are the practical limits?

Post by MV » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 05:11:37

>What is the maximum size of a mailbox in Exch 5.5? Exch 2K?

>What is the maximum size of a single public folder in Exch
>5.5? Exch 2K?

>What are the practical limits?

Short of the limit of the stores in standard edition (16GB) you could
have a mailbox and a PF of those sizes. Obviously the practicals are
nowhere near that but really they are dependant on the size of your
server, speed of the LAN and power on your client. I've known 3GB
mailboxes with the user being perfectly happy with the performance. It
was too slow for me, but he didn't mind it being slower than his other
execs when he knew it was backed up daily and he had a good Deleted
Items Retention setting so he could get anything back that he did
delete, not that he ever deleted anything except spam!

1. Max mailbox size limit on the server (2,097,151KB ) - Exchange 5.5 Ent

Does anyone know what's a single mailbox information
store size limit?

I have noticed that if you try to hardcode a limit for a
mailbox, the max size that it allows you to enter is
2,097,151KB (just under 2GB), never the less, I have
tested allowing a mailbox to go over this size (no limits
checked) and it did not give any errors 2,276,311KB).

I know that there is a limit on the pst/ost, but I am not
aware of anything on the server side...

Any comments are appreciated.

2. Export GAL for use on an outlook express client

3. Max mailbox size ??

4. Can someone explain the x.400 and MTA timeouts better than MS?

5. Max mailbox size

6. How to: WEB based Public folder search

7. Recommend Max Mailbox Size

8. 2 domain name

9. max mailbox sizes

10. Working Max Size on an Mailbox

11. Setup max. size of mailbox

12. Exchange related limits (max string sizes)

13. Max Size for Information Store