MAPI via Internet

Post by David Waterhous » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 12:41:49

Two questions:
1. Users who want to run Outlook2000 over the Internet-
        -What ports do we need to open in our firewall for authentication
                and exchange2000 functionality
        -Is there a way to force Exchange2000 to use specific ports for
                MAPI communication?

2.  Encrypted RPC's.  Any documentation (step by step preferred) on
setting this up??

Thanks in Advanced

MAPI via Internet

Post by Chris Scharf » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 02:43:36

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:41:49 -0600, David Waterhouse

>Two questions:
>1. Users who want to run Outlook2000 over the Internet-
>    -What ports do we need to open in our firewall for authentication
>            and exchange2000 functionality

Open all of them, or remove the firewall it's easier.

Quote:>    -Is there a way to force Exchange2000 to use specific ports for
>            MAPI communication?

Check the E2K FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm

Quote:>2.  Encrypted RPC's.  Any documentation (step by step preferred) on
>setting this up??

Click the check box on the advanced tab of the Microsoft Exchange
Server service in Outlook to encrypt information.

1. HELP! Workgroup/MAPI via Internet

Thanks for your help in advance.  I'm not able to check this newsgroup often,

Here's the problem:

Can someone point me where I can read about how to configure Exchange/Outlook
to do the "Corporate Workgroup"/Mapi functionality over the Internet?  I need
to be able to share calendars, access server stored mailboxes, etc.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Resolving unseen domain name. Mail for gm.com stays internal

3. MAPI Access Via the Internet

4. global change of mail attachment size

5. Accessing Exchange via Internet via SSL

6. Exhange 2000 - Public Folder err.: c103b401

7. NT4/Exchange5.5 -> Win2000

8. No Transport Provider when receive email via Exchange Client and reply via Internet Mail Client

9. exchange and internet via separate internet connections

10. Using Exchange via Extended MAPI without installing Outlook?