Appending a signature file across a network

Post by William Lefkovic » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> How do I append a signature file to every outgoing message from every
> user of my network? ala Hotmail's "Get You Free, Private Email At
> Hotmail.com"

Appending a signature file across a network

Post by William Lefkovic » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Section 4.1:
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_sec4.htm

William

Post by mor.. » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

How do I append a signature file to every outgoing message from every
user of my network? ala Hotmail's "Get You Free, Private Email At
Hotmail.com"

mo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Appending a signature file across a network

Post by Buck Gordo » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

William:

PMJI; thanks for that resource.  I went to the site you referenced and
tried the "free" extension (disclaimer.zip); it did work in the sense
that I was able to append a disclaimer, but it disabled inbound email
routing (i.e. Internet mail from a hotmail account kept bouncing until I
disabled the extension) and also affected our POP/IMAP users (they
couldn't send Internet mail).  I suspect that it affected the routing as
described in the note in the HTML installation documentation, despite my
following the instructions which should have prevented this.  Have you
seen this?  Did I miss something or is there more to the story?

BTW, we're running ExchSrvr 5.5 SP3 on NT Server 4 SP6... only one
Exchange Server, one email domain, one NT domain, about 75 users,
nothing fancy.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide in helping us get this to work
- it'd be the perfect solution if only it didn't apparently disable the
routing...

> How do I append a signature file to every outgoing message from every
> user of my network? ala Hotmail's "Get You Free, Private Email At
> Hotmail.com"

> mo

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Appending a signature across a network

Check the Exchange FAQ link below.

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
Senior Systems Consultant

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
E-Mail Resource Guide:
http://www.mail-resources.com/resources/search.cgi

2. Exchange 5.5 behind Proxy 2.0

3. appending signature file to all outgoing Internet mail messages

4. Clients having to continually login

5. Append site wide signatures to all outbound internet mail

6. Public Folders - I messed them up completely - HELP!

7. HELP: Internet Mail Connector hangs

8. append signature/disclaimer

9. Unable to access Exchange Across Network