Exchange backup using Arc

Post by Katie Gille » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Our company currently uses arcserve instead of NTbackup because we are under
the impression that NTbackup does not back up the registry.  So, does
arcserve have the capability of backing up Exchange?  If so, what does it
back up?  Where does it stored?  How big are the files?  Would like to know
the same for NTBACKUP too.  Would love to hear from you!

Thanks in advance!

Katie Gilles

Exchange backup using Arc

Post by William Lefkovic » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

ArcServeIT has an Exchange Agent that must be used (purchased separately) to
backup Exchange Server properly (online).
A lot of your questions are specific to your organisation (file size).  I'm
sure your CAI rep will happily fill you in on the*details.  I hear the
sales reps are a lot quicker to respond that there support.

NTBackup is free and does a fine job.  I think NTBackup can only backup the
registry on the local machine.

We use ArcServeIT for our enterprise and NTBackup for Exchange.

Just my thoughts.

William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+

Quote:> Our company currently uses arcserve instead of NTbackup because we are
under
> the impression that NTbackup does not back up the registry.  So, does
> arcserve have the capability of backing up Exchange?  If so, what does it
> back up?  Where does it stored?  How big are the files?  Would like to
know
> the same for NTBACKUP too.  Would love to hear from you!

> Thanks in advance!

> Katie Gilles

Exchange backup using Arc

Post by Ralph Thisse » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Perhaps you should search for answers to these questions before you buy a
new product. (an this newsgroup or with cheyenne)!

Ralph

Quote:> Our company currently uses arcserve instead of NTbackup because we are
under
> the impression that NTbackup does not back up the registry.  So, does
> arcserve have the capability of backing up Exchange?  If so, what does it
> back up?  Where does it stored?  How big are the files?  Would like to
know
> the same for NTBACKUP too.  Would love to hear from you!

> Thanks in advance!

> Katie Gilles

1. Backup Exchange using W2K Backup program

Does the Backup program that comes with Widnows 2000 do a
good job backing up an Exchange 2000 Server?  We are in
the middle of a migration and at present, it is easier to
perfrom a backup of our Exchange server using the MS-
backup program within W2K Server and save the backup to a
file on a server with a lot of diskspace and a backup
drive.

We know we have to correct the backup procedure but I need
to know if the backup to the file is enough.  We are
perfroming a complete System backup of the entire system
but the Exchange services are not being stopped.

Does anyone know?
Thanks
JJM

2. using an alternate SMTP address to "send from"

3. Using NT Backup to Backup Exchange Question

4. Virus Protection.

5. Problem in Exchange backup using NT backup

6. Kbytes

7. Exchange 5.5 Backup problem using Backup Exec

8. Printer head movement appropriate, but no ink printed

9. Exchange Backup using NT Backup

10. Exchange Server Backup failure using backup Exec V 7.2

11. Automated backup of Exchange using MS Backup - How do I do this (

12. Exchange 5.5 Backup problem using Backup Exec

13. Exchange 5.5 Backup/Restore using NT Backup on Win2K