Remote connectivity to Exchange using Outlook 2000

Remote connectivity to Exchange using Outlook 2000

Post by Sarah Condgo » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I'm going to be switching everyone here at the office from Outlook Express
to Outlook.  However, before I can roll this out I have to figure out why I
cannot log on remotely using Outlook to the Exchange box.

Every time I log on remotely Outlook tells me the Exchange server is not
available.  I can ping the IP and the name of the server.  I think it may be
an issue with password validation with the NT accounts and Exchange.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sarah

Remote connectivity to Exchange using Outlook 2000

Post by David Brickne » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

What do you mean by connect remotely?

Do you mean a POP, IMAP, or MAPI connection?

If you are trying to do MAPI without a RAS or VPN connection, you are going
to fail.

Quote:> I'm going to be switching everyone here at the office from Outlook Express
> to Outlook.  However, before I can roll this out I have to figure out why
> cannot log on remotely using Outlook to the Exchange box.

> Every time I log on remotely Outlook tells me the Exchange server is not
> available.  I can ping the IP and the name of the server.  I think it may
be
> an issue with password validation with the NT accounts and Exchange.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks,
> Sarah

Remote connectivity to Exchange using Outlook 2000

Post by Sarah Condgo » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

What I meant by connect remotely was dial up via an ISP.

Using Outlook 2000 as an IMAP client.

> What do you mean by connect remotely?

> Do you mean a POP, IMAP, or MAPI connection?

> If you are trying to do MAPI without a RAS or VPN connection, you are
going
> to fail.

> > I'm going to be switching everyone here at the office from Outlook
Express
> > to Outlook.  However, before I can roll this out I have to figure out
why
> > cannot log on remotely using Outlook to the Exchange box.

> > Every time I log on remotely Outlook tells me the Exchange server is not
> > available.  I can ping the IP and the name of the server.  I think it
may
> be
> > an issue with password validation with the NT accounts and Exchange.

> > Any ideas?

> > Thanks,
> > Sarah

Remote connectivity to Exchange using Outlook 2000

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Start here
XCLN: Troubleshooting Windows Client over Internet [Q161489]

> I'm going to be switching everyone here at the office from Outlook Express
> to Outlook.  However, before I can roll this out I have to figure out why I
> cannot log on remotely using Outlook to the Exchange box.

> Every time I log on remotely Outlook tells me the Exchange server is not
> available.  I can ping the IP and the name of the server.  I think it may be
> an issue with password validation with the NT accounts and Exchange.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks,
> Sarah

group).

Kirill

1. Remote user connectivity to Exchange 2000

I have just ran into an odd situation.  I recently
implemented a Windows 2000 server.  Remote users could
connect to the server via Outlook by placing a host file
on the remote desktop.  Port 110 is open on the firewall.
However, since installing SP3 onto the Exchange Server,
remote users cannot connect to Exchange.  How can I fix
this....fast????

Thanks,

Angie

2. How can i chagne to Native Mode (Upgraded)?

3. Outlook 2000/Exchange 2000 connectivity through a firewall

4. Public Folder Calendar Access

5. Outlook 2000 Client Connectivity to Exchange 2000

6. Public Folders

7. Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2000 connectivity

8. I this newsgroup supported by microsoft?

9. Outlook 2000/Exchange 2000 connectivity through a firewall

10. remote connectivity issue with Outlook 98

11. VPN Connectivity for Remote Outlook users

12. remote user connectivity for Outlook mail

13. Outlook having connectivity issues while running with Microsoft Exchange 2000