Can anyone recommend an Anti-spam only product

Can anyone recommend an Anti-spam only product

Post by Oliver Nadali » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:26:16

my client does not want to spend the money for all the bells and whistles
that GFI ME provides...is there a good product that just anti-spam only that
you could recommend?

TIA

Can anyone recommend an Anti-spam only product

Post by Gary McDonnel » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:00:16

Caution: Shameless self promotion ahead.....

I modestly recommend my company's product Block & Tackle. B&T blocks
messages based on phrases in the subject line and/or body, blocks
attachments based on file type and can send a notification message to the
sender when their message is blocked or altered. It's sold on a
per-server/unlimited user basis at a very reasonable price. You can get more
information at http://turbogeeks.com.

Also you should look at VamSoft's realtime DNS blackhole filter -
http://www.vamsoft.com.

Gary McDonnell
TurboGeeks

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:51:56

>my client does not want to spend the money for all the bells and whistles
>that GFI ME provides...is there a good product that just anti-spam only that
>you could recommend?

Define SPAM. You can use Open Relay Filter, but it's not really what
I'd call an "anti-spam" tool. It's effective at what it does, though.

http://www.vamsoft.com

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Can anyone recommend an Anti-spam only product

Post by Billy Tolche » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:29:50

We currently use TrendMicro's product line.  What does the message to the
rcpt say?  Does the subject line carry the same original subject?   That is
the problem we are currently experiencing w/ TM.   The subject could say...
"BIG BLACK..."  ..ahem, and the client will still see that.   However, in
the message body it says.. "This message was blocked due to content
filtering rules".  This is a problem.

:)

--
Billy Tolcher

> Caution: Shameless self promotion ahead.....

> I modestly recommend my company's product Block & Tackle. B&T blocks
> messages based on phrases in the subject line and/or body, blocks
> attachments based on file type and can send a notification message to the
> sender when their message is blocked or altered. It's sold on a
> per-server/unlimited user basis at a very reasonable price. You can get
more
> information at http://turbogeeks.com.

> Also you should look at VamSoft's realtime DNS blackhole filter -
> http://www.vamsoft.com.

> Gary McDonnell
> TurboGeeks

> my client does not want to spend the money for all the bells and whistles
> that GFI ME provides...is there a good product that just anti-spam only
that
> you could recommend?

> TIA

Can anyone recommend an Anti-spam only product

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:43:37

With Gary's product the user does not even get a message to say it was
blocked.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

> We currently use TrendMicro's product line.  What does the message to the
> rcpt say?  Does the subject line carry the same original subject?   That
is
> the problem we are currently experiencing w/ TM.   The subject could
say...
> "BIG BLACK..."  ..ahem, and the client will still see that.   However, in
> the message body it says.. "This message was blocked due to content
> filtering rules".  This is a problem.

> :)

> --
> Billy Tolcher

> > Caution: Shameless self promotion ahead.....

> > I modestly recommend my company's product Block & Tackle. B&T blocks
> > messages based on phrases in the subject line and/or body, blocks
> > attachments based on file type and can send a notification message to
the
> > sender when their message is blocked or altered. It's sold on a
> > per-server/unlimited user basis at a very reasonable price. You can get
> more
> > information at http://turbogeeks.com.

> > Also you should look at VamSoft's realtime DNS blackhole filter -
> > http://www.vamsoft.com.

> > Gary McDonnell
> > TurboGeeks

> > my client does not want to spend the money for all the bells and
whistles
> > that GFI ME provides...is there a good product that just anti-spam only
> that
> > you could recommend?

> > TIA

Can anyone recommend an Anti-spam only product

Post by Billy Tolche » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:09:25

Nice...  wish trend's software would do that.

:)

> With Gary's product the user does not even get a message to say it was
> blocked.

> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Microsoft Exchange MVP
> www.msexchange.org
> Chat with other Exchange junkies at http://www.exchangetrainer.com:8000

> > We currently use TrendMicro's product line.  What does the message to
the
> > rcpt say?  Does the subject line carry the same original subject?   That
> is
> > the problem we are currently experiencing w/ TM.   The subject could
> say...
> > "BIG BLACK..."  ..ahem, and the client will still see that.   However,
in
> > the message body it says.. "This message was blocked due to content
> > filtering rules".  This is a problem.

> > :)

> > --
> > Billy Tolcher

> > > Caution: Shameless self promotion ahead.....

> > > I modestly recommend my company's product Block & Tackle. B&T blocks
> > > messages based on phrases in the subject line and/or body, blocks
> > > attachments based on file type and can send a notification message to
> the
> > > sender when their message is blocked or altered. It's sold on a
> > > per-server/unlimited user basis at a very reasonable price. You can
get
> > more
> > > information at http://turbogeeks.com.

> > > Also you should look at VamSoft's realtime DNS blackhole filter -
> > > http://www.vamsoft.com.

> > > Gary McDonnell
> > > TurboGeeks

> > > my client does not want to spend the money for all the bells and
> whistles
> > > that GFI ME provides...is there a good product that just anti-spam
only
> > that
> > > you could recommend?

> > > TIA

Can anyone recommend an Anti-spam only product

Post by Billy Tolche » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:10:06

Er... I mean, I wish it would let the use know without using the the same
subject...

Billy

> With Gary's product the user does not even get a message to say it was
> blocked.

> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Microsoft Exchange MVP
> www.msexchange.org
> Chat with other Exchange junkies at http://www.exchangetrainer.com:8000

> > We currently use TrendMicro's product line.  What does the message to
the
> > rcpt say?  Does the subject line carry the same original subject?   That
> is
> > the problem we are currently experiencing w/ TM.   The subject could
> say...
> > "BIG BLACK..."  ..ahem, and the client will still see that.   However,
in
> > the message body it says.. "This message was blocked due to content
> > filtering rules".  This is a problem.

> > :)

> > --
> > Billy Tolcher

> > > Caution: Shameless self promotion ahead.....

> > > I modestly recommend my company's product Block & Tackle. B&T blocks
> > > messages based on phrases in the subject line and/or body, blocks
> > > attachments based on file type and can send a notification message to
> the
> > > sender when their message is blocked or altered. It's sold on a
> > > per-server/unlimited user basis at a very reasonable price. You can
get
> > more
> > > information at http://turbogeeks.com.

> > > Also you should look at VamSoft's realtime DNS blackhole filter -
> > > http://www.vamsoft.com.

> > > Gary McDonnell
> > > TurboGeeks

> > > my client does not want to spend the money for all the bells and
> whistles
> > > that GFI ME provides...is there a good product that just anti-spam
only
> > that
> > > you could recommend?

> > > TIA

Can anyone recommend an Anti-spam only product

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:03:46

Are you using eManager for ScanMail?

If so...
http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=11490

This took care of it for me.

If you are looking for SPAM only filtering..try iHateSpam.  Works MUCH
better than Trend!

http://www.sunbelt-software.com/product.cfm?id=931

HTH...

--Omar

> We currently use TrendMicro's product line.  What does the message to the
> rcpt say?  Does the subject line carry the same original subject?   That
is
> the problem we are currently experiencing w/ TM.   The subject could
say...
> "BIG BLACK..."  ..ahem, and the client will still see that.   However, in
> the message body it says.. "This message was blocked due to content
> filtering rules".  This is a problem.

> :)

> --
> Billy Tolcher

> > Caution: Shameless self promotion ahead.....

> > I modestly recommend my company's product Block & Tackle. B&T blocks
> > messages based on phrases in the subject line and/or body, blocks
> > attachments based on file type and can send a notification message to
the
> > sender when their message is blocked or altered. It's sold on a
> > per-server/unlimited user basis at a very reasonable price. You can get
> more
> > information at http://turbogeeks.com.

> > Also you should look at VamSoft's realtime DNS blackhole filter -
> > http://www.vamsoft.com.

> > Gary McDonnell
> > TurboGeeks

> > my client does not want to spend the money for all the bells and
whistles
> > that GFI ME provides...is there a good product that just anti-spam only
> that
> > you could recommend?

> > TIA

1. Recommended Exchange Anti Virus Products?

Any recommendations for Exchange Anti-Virus software?
Groupshield, Dr Solomons, etc.
Any comments appreciated.

2. Exchange 2000 on NT4

3. Recommend anti-spam software????

4. Can't send Mail but can recieve

5. Recommended anti spam software?

6. Encryption/Security for Exchange

7. Anti-spam products

8. need SQL on same server?

9. Anti-Spam/Relay Products??

10. Best Anti Spam product for Exchange 5.5

11. anti spam and anti relay..

12. ANTI SPAM, AV and Anti Open Relay