Resource booking and moderation

Post by Phil » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:11:10

Using Exchange 5.5 SP6a and Outlook 2000, I know how to create mailbox
resources that will automatically accept booking requests for others
to view.  My problem/question is this:

     Is it possible to set up a mailbox resource that will only accept
booking requests when they are first approved by an "owner" (i.e. - a
receptionist that must approve of the booking)?  Essentially a
moderated resource.

What I want to happen is this:

1) Janice, the receptionist, is in charge of all the conference rooms.
2) Bill sends a resource booking request to the resource mailbox "Main
Conference".
3) The booking request shows up in Janice's personal inbox for
approval.
4) Janice allows the room to be booked and "accepts" the request.
5) The accepted request automatically gets put in the Main Conference
resource mailbox calendar.
6) Bill gets a confirmation notice telling him the room was booked.

Is this even possible?

Thank you for any help/info you can give,
Phil

Resource booking and moderation

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:01:00

What happens if you make Jane a delegate of the resource?  Wouldn't that do
what you want?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> Using Exchange 5.5 SP6a and Outlook 2000, I know how to create mailbox
> resources that will automatically accept booking requests for others
> to view.  My problem/question is this:

>      Is it possible to set up a mailbox resource that will only accept
> booking requests when they are first approved by an "owner" (i.e. - a
> receptionist that must approve of the booking)?  Essentially a
> moderated resource.

> What I want to happen is this:

> 1) Janice, the receptionist, is in charge of all the conference rooms.
> 2) Bill sends a resource booking request to the resource mailbox "Main
> Conference".
> 3) The booking request shows up in Janice's personal inbox for
> approval.
> 4) Janice allows the room to be booked and "accepts" the request.
> 5) The accepted request automatically gets put in the Main Conference
> resource mailbox calendar.
> 6) Bill gets a confirmation notice telling him the room was booked.

> Is this even possible?

> Thank you for any help/info you can give,
> Phil

Resource booking and moderation

Post by Phil » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:04:18

You rock Ed!  That was it.  Just too many options to sort through.
Thanks for the nudge.

For anyone else, this is what you have to do:

1) Under "Tools", "Options" in Outlook 2000, go to the Delegate tab.
2) "Add" a Delegate (Janice in my case).
3) Now hit the "Permissions" button (if it doesn't pop up
automatically).
4) Set the Calendar Delegate permissions to "Editor" and check the box
for "Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me"
and click OK.
5) Back in the Delegate tab, check the box at the bottom, "Send
meeting requests and responses only to my delegates, not to me"

Works like a charm
Phil