Message Journaling

Post by Marti » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I set up message journaling on Exchange server 5.5 but it only seems to be
journaling messages which are transmitted out from the site.

Ideally, all messages internal and external should be journaled.  What have
I done?  What do I need to do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message Journaling

Post by Patrick Ree » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

There are several journal entries required, one of which routes all messages
through the MTA. Reread the section on Message Journaling in the SP2 release
notes and verify you have the correct registry entries added.

--
You can get Knowledge Base articles
via e-mail by sending a blank message

or search the MS KBase from:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/search/c.asp

PATRICK REED ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 MCP - Microsoft Exchange Server
 Network Communications Analyst
 McKessonHBOC, I.T.B.-Dubuque, IA
 Information Services Dept.

 Two rules for life:
      1.  Don't tell people everything you know.
      2.

Quote:> I set up message journaling on Exchange server 5.5 but it only seems to be
> journaling messages which are transmitted out from the site.

> Ideally, all messages internal and external should be journaled.  What
have
> I done?  What do I need to do?

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks

1. Message Journaling only Internet messages?

Hi
Message journaling in Exchange server only journal mail that passes through
MTA.
All mail that leaves the server not mail between two recipients in the same
server.

--
Ronen Gabbay MCSE+I  MCT
Hi-Tech College

2. Recover from original files

3. Exchange 2000 Message Journaling

4. Storage issue in Small Business Server

5. Message Journaling

6. Dial Up and Exchange

7. Global Address Lists

8. Message journaling w/Exchange Standard edition

9. Message Journaling