Recover deleted items - Disable purge

Post by IanS » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:13:16

Hi

I am running Exchange55SP4 on W2K

I need to ensure all staffs email is accessible by HR. This means I need to
disable staff from being able to purge items from the 'recovered deleted
items' option.

Is this possible? Or how do I do message journalling for all internal
emails? (I have message journalling running for all email in/out of the
IMC). I fI turn on alternate recipient option and the user has read reciepts
on an email the alternate recipient will also send a read reciept which is
not acceptable.

Thanks
Ian

Recover deleted items - Disable purge

Post by tim » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:29:16

The alternate recipient could be used however a newer
version of the client would allow the HR to read emails
with generating a read reciept (this is a selectable
option).  The only other thing I was thinking of would be
turning up diagnostic logging that would archive all
messages sent but I can't recall whether that was just an
SMTP function.

Never heard of being able to stop the purging of deleted
items only avoiding bypassing the deleted items folder
with the Shift key.

Not a complete fix but it might be a work around.

Tim

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi

>I am running Exchange55SP4 on W2K

>I need to ensure all staffs email is accessible by HR.

This means I need to
Quote:>disable staff from being able to purge items from

the 'recovered deleted
Quote:>items' option.

>Is this possible? Or how do I do message journalling for
all internal
>emails? (I have message journalling running for all email
in/out of the
>IMC). I fI turn on alternate recipient option and the

user has read reciepts
Quote:>on an email the alternate recipient will also send a read
reciept which is
>not acceptable.

>Thanks
>Ian

>.

Recover deleted items - Disable purge

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:21:31

You need to set Exchange to route all messages via MTA to journalize all mail.
XADM: How to Enable Message Journaling in Exchange Server 5.5 [Q239427]

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

Recover deleted items - Disable purge

Post by IanS » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:16:51

Thanks guys

Kirill - By the way your tips in these groups have been a great help over
the last few years. Much appreciated.

Is it possible to have only certain mailboxes monitored and not every
message in the server/site?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 14:48:45

> Thanks guys

> Kirill - By the way your tips in these groups have been a great help over
> the last few years. Much appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote:

> Is it possible to have only certain mailboxes monitored and not every
> message in the server/site?

AFAIK, no (unless you dedicate separate server for desired mailboxes).
To reduce amount data in target mailbox you can set rules to delete everything
you do not need. Also, IIRC, you will need to empty Deleted Items manually after
rules delete unwanted messages.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

1. Recovering Deleted Items when purged from Deleted Item Recovery

Hello -

Thanks in advance.  If possible, please send a CC to my email address at

I have noticed that when a user is savy enough, they can go into Recover
Deleted Items and select the big red X to delete items from the list.  At
that point, mgmt can not get in to recover the deleted items if a user is
trying to hide abuse of the system.

Is there any way to turn off this feature or to recover the email?

Chris

2. Fax number in contact lists

3. Prevent "Recover Deleted Items" Purging

4. Logon credentials blanked out

5. Deleted messages, deleted item retention time, and recovering deleted items

6. Outlook 98 as a client

7. OWA runs Office2K installer

8. Disable deleted items recover...

9. Recover Deleted items not touching Deleted Items folder - Apply Everywhere

10. Deleted mail items are not available for recovery under Recover Deleted Items

11. Recover Deleted items not touching Deleted Items folder - Apply Everywhere