Need to change the Service Account

Post by Po » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:06:38

Hello,

I know this is highly unrecommended, however we are in a middle of a domain
migration and I need to
change the service account in one of our Exchnage sites to an account in our
new Domain.
We could probably just add another site and install the new Exchnage servers
in the new site, however we want to keep the name of the current site that
is part of
the old NT Domain we are trying to get rid of.

Any recommendations on how to change the Service Acount without reinstalling
or restoring??

Thanks,

-Po

Need to change the Service Account

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:16:01

Quote:> Hello,

> I know this is highly unrecommended, however we are in a middle of a
> domain migration and I need to
> change the service account in one of our Exchnage sites to an account
> in our new Domain.
> We could probably just add another site and install the new Exchnage
> servers in the new site, however we want to keep the name of the
> current site that is part of
> the old NT Domain we are trying to get rid of.

> Any recommendations on how to change the Service Acount without
> reinstalling or restoring??

> Thanks,

> -Po

Hi Po,

This article outlines the steps you need to take:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q152808

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

1. Need to change Service Account

I recently took owner ship of someone else's exchange site. I noticed the
admin used his account as the service account. Could anyone point me in the
right direction on how to change this account from his to a new one.

thanks in advance,
travis

2. Posting to NewsFeed

3. Change the service account needs new install??

4. Exchange 5.5 Internet Mail Service

5. POP3 service will not login users after service account change

6. Losing my default icons

7. Changing the Service Account used by Exchange services

8. Exchange 2000 connect to Exchange 5.5

9. change service account

10. Can't change service account

11. Can I change the Exchange 2000 Service Account?

12. Changing Exchange Service Account