SP2 for Exchange 2000

Post by Ryan » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 05:30:35

Setup failed toward the end of the Servcie pack 2 install.

It read "Setup failed while installing sub-component
Exchange System Management Snap-ins with error code
0xC103798A.

I restarted the server and received the error "Store.exe -
 application error failed to properly initialize perperly
0xC0000005.

After the restart I tried the SP2 install again with the
same results.
Any help would be appreciated.
Ryanh

SP2 for Exchange 2000

Post by MrVierr » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 05:39:41

I have made it a rule on my network to not install any patches for at least
30 days after release because of issues like you are experiencing

> Setup failed toward the end of the Servcie pack 2 install.

> It read "Setup failed while installing sub-component
> Exchange System Management Snap-ins with error code
> 0xC103798A.

> I restarted the server and received the error "Store.exe -
>  application error failed to properly initialize perperly
> 0xC0000005.

> After the restart I tried the SP2 install again with the
> same results.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Ryanh

SP2 for Exchange 2000

Post by Eric » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 05:49:23

The fix for this is in the SP2 release notes:

http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q270668

> Setup failed toward the end of the Servcie pack 2 install.

> It read "Setup failed while installing sub-component
> Exchange System Management Snap-ins with error code
> 0xC103798A.

> I restarted the server and received the error "Store.exe -
>  application error failed to properly initialize perperly
> 0xC0000005.

> After the restart I tried the SP2 install again with the
> same results.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Ryanh

SP2 for Exchange 2000

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 06:18:29

Quote:>The fix for this is in the SP2 release notes:

Release notes? Wazzat?
Chris
--
Chris Scharff
Senior Sales Engineer

Exchange FAQs: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

SP2 for Exchange 2000

Post by Ryan » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 06:54:30

The "workaround" posted in that article does not help
because Exchange does not start now and therefore the
System Manager does not work.  The Store - service will
not start.
Now what?
Please help.
Ryan

1. W2K SP2 and Exchange 2000 SP2

I have a brand new server running Windows 2000, and Exchange Server 2000. I
want to apply the latest Service Packs to Both the Operating System and
Exchange.

Are there any issues, tricks, traps, recommendations etc,

I would think that the correct order should be W2K SP2 first followed by
Exchange 2000 SP2, it this Ok??

Thanks

ManuelP

2. Exchange 5.5 SP4 and Norton Antivirus

3. Upgrading Exchange 5.0 SP2 to Exchange 2000

4. Can Exchange Do This?

5. big error after installing sp2 for exchange 2000

6. Organisational Forms Library EXC 2000 / OL 2000

7. Exchange 2000 SP2 Update Failure on SBS 2000

8. Is there a way to connect or Merge to Exchange Organisations ?

9. Exchange 2000/SP2 and Outlook 2000

10. Exchange Server 2000 and Windows 2000 SP2

11. Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 SP2

12. OWA- Exchange Server 2000 SP2- ISA Server 2000