connecting another subdomain

Post by Steffen Stec » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi there,
i have once more a prob. I have 5.5 SP2 with IMC  connecting all other
Excange Servers over the internet.
Now i have a new subdomain called baan.friatec.de. The original domain
is friatec.de, which is by default on the routing tab marked as inbound.
I added the new subdomain with forward to that host and now i get a 4115
error in the eventvwr and accoringly messages in the client and the
mail-admin, reporting a loop. Now TN says i should remove the friatec.de
from the routing tab, but if i do this, my server does not accept any
more mails to this domain, doesn't he? So has anybody any idea how i can
connect the other subdomain (it is a linux host) clearly?
Help appreciated.
Thx in advance
Steffen

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>Hi there,
>i have once more a prob. I have 5.5 SP2 with IMC  connecting all other
>Excange Servers over the internet.
>Now i have a new subdomain called baan.friatec.de. The original domain
>is friatec.de, which is by default on the routing tab marked as inbound.
>I added the new subdomain with forward to that host and now i get a 4115
>error in the eventvwr and accoringly messages in the client and the
>mail-admin, reporting a loop. Now TN says i should remove the friatec.de
>from the routing tab, but if i do this, my server does not accept any
>more mails to this domain, doesn't he? So has anybody any idea how i can
>connect the other subdomain (it is a linux host) clearly?

Your problem is that the "friatec.de" is acting as a wildcard. Try
this in your routing list:

    Sent to:          Route to:

    #friatec.de       <inbound>
    baan.friatec.de   linux.domain.de