Out Of Office doesn't reply to SMTP mail

Out Of Office doesn't reply to SMTP mail

Post by Bill Bartel » Sun, 25 Mar 2001 02:08:06

When someone uses the out-of-office assistant in Outlook 2000/Exchange 2000
Enterprise to autoreply to messages, replies aren't sent when the mail is
received from a source external to the Exchange system.  This is very
frustrating to some offices as they've been using it for mailboxes of
personnel who have left the university and prospective students, for
instance, are not given any indication that the recipient is no longer
there.

I've searched new archives and have found several references to turning on
this feature for internet mail but any instructions are based on Exchange
5.5, not 2000.

Is there a way to enable this feature for internet mail in Exchange 2000,
and if so what is the procedure?  I want to do this globally, not per-user.

Thanks,

Bill Bartell

Out Of Office doesn't reply to SMTP mail

Post by Kal Tir » Sun, 25 Mar 2001 08:52:05

Have you tried Global Settings, Internet Message Format, Default Properties,
Advanced tab?  There is a check box in there that allows Out of Office