Appending Email

Post by Craig McWilliam » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Can I force a signature to be added to every email under Exchange 5.5
without the user having to manually set this up under outlook 98.

i.e.

At the end of every message leaving the server via the internet gateway to
have the company name and address details automatically added?

Appending Email

Post by Mark » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

This is a very commonly asked question. The five common answers to it are:
1. Not possible.
2. Set up a signature for every user :)
3. Use an intervening SMTP router. (sendmail is my perference but
mimesweeper can do the trick etc etc)
4. One person once said it was possible using the Scripting Agent. I don't
know how, though.
5. Something in SP1 has been mentioned in the past as a possibility.
However, I've trawled through SP1 and can't see anything in SP1 that would
do the trick.
FWIW, I've tried the Exchange ResKit as well, and can't see anything there
either!

IMHO, this is absolutely extraordinary that Microsoft haven't implemented
something as basic as this in the IMS. (If they have it's very difficult to
find!) Wish list: a tab added to the IMS configuration that has a little
check box saying: "Use the following signature file for all outgoing
Internet messages", and then a dialog that allows you to select the file
that contains the signature. Simple really!

>Can I force a signature to be added to every email under Exchange 5.5
>without the user having to manually set this up under outlook 98.

>i.e.

>At the end of every message leaving the server via the internet gateway to
>have the company name and address details automatically added?

1. Appending a plain text block to all outgoing Internet emails

We are running Exchange Server 5.5 SP1, with Outlook 98 Clients.
We want to appenda block of plain text to the message body of all  outgoing
internet email containing company information. This needs to be central
administrred (at organisation, site or server level), and cannot allow
clients to ammend the information.

Is there any way of automatically doing this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

p.s. This is now a legal requirement in the UK

2. Exch 5.0 Information store problems?

3. Appending Disclaimer to Emails with 5.5 without 3rd pty sw

4. Mail Relay Restriction

5. Appending text to all outgoing emails

6. Public Folders & Permissions.............?!?@!?

7. is there a UNIQUE ID for very item?

8. Automatically append text to email

9. Append Disclaimer to Outgoing SMTP emails

10. appending notice at end of outgoing emails

11. Append Disclaimers to Exchange Emails - Update

12. Creating "append " info to outgoing email