h/w migration for ms exchange server

Post by Lawrence Won » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi !

I need help / advice on how to migrate ms exchange ( mailboxes , connections
etc ) to another server but retaining the server name ....

greatly appreciate any help / advice etc..

Thanks for helping

Lawrence Wong

h/w migration for ms exchange server

Post by Amiri Jon » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi !

>I need help / advice on how to migrate ms exchange ( mailboxes ,
>connections etc ) to another server but retaining the server name ....

        Go to www.microsoft.com/exchange and look in the Administration
section for the disaster recovery whitepaper.  There is a section on how to
recover Exchange onto a different machine.  Read it.  Follow it.  With
these instructions, you can move EVERYTHING to the new machine; you won't
have to re-configure anything, recreate connectors, or anything like that.