Anyone seen this problem.

Post by Andy Hal » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

We have a customer with a Exchange 5.5 SP3 server NT4 SP6a. 256MB RAM and
plenty of disk space (for now).
It started about a week ago, the disks just filled right up and killed the
server. We fitted bigger disks and tried to restore, this was fine for about
a day then the disks started to loose space rapidly. To event errors are
recorded and Microsoft recommend running edbutil to rectify the problem, one
of our engineers ran this and the server promptly died. We re installed NT
and recovered the databases got the server back up and everything seemed
fine for a few hours then the same thing happened again.
I'm going to see the server tomorrow and I don't really want to run edbutil
again unless I have to, do you have any clues or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Anyone seen this problem.

Post by Andy Hal » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Sorry I forgot the event ID's

2110
fatal MTA database server error was encountered. A bad list member length is
on object 0600003F. File offset: 1177. Attribute ID: 79. Referenced object
00000000 (0 => N/A). Referenced object error: 0. [DB Server DISP:ROUTER 9
42] (16)

2171
An MTA database server error was encountered while reading an attribute.
Called from MTA. Procedure: 138. Database error code: 2111. Object at fault:
0600003F. Attribute identifier: 79. Value number: 1. Referenced object:
00000000 (00000000 => N/A). Referenced object error 0. [DB Server
DISP:ROUTER 9 26] (14)

Sorry.

Quote:> Hi,

> We have a customer with a Exchange 5.5 SP3 server NT4 SP6a. 256MB RAM and
> plenty of disk space (for now).
> It started about a week ago, the disks just filled right up and killed the
> server. We fitted bigger disks and tried to restore, this was fine for
about
> a day then the disks started to loose space rapidly. To event errors are
> recorded and Microsoft recommend running edbutil to rectify the problem,
one
> of our engineers ran this and the server promptly died. We re installed NT
> and recovered the databases got the server back up and everything seemed
> fine for a few hours then the same thing happened again.
> I'm going to see the server tomorrow and I don't really want to run
edbutil
> again unless I have to, do you have any clues or recommendations?

> Thanks in advance.

> Andy.

Anyone seen this problem.

Post by Chris Scharf » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Take a look at this MS KB article, it may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q253/7/18.asp

You can also get this article by sending an E-mail with a subject of

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
Senior Systems Consultant

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
E-Mail Resource Guide:
http://www.mail-resources.com/resources/search.cgi

>Sorry I forgot the event ID's

>2110
>fatal MTA database server error was encountered. A bad list member length is
>on object 0600003F. File offset: 1177. Attribute ID: 79. Referenced object
>00000000 (0 => N/A). Referenced object error: 0. [DB Server DISP:ROUTER 9
>42] (16)

>2171
>An MTA database server error was encountered while reading an attribute.
>Called from MTA. Procedure: 138. Database error code: 2111. Object at fault:
>0600003F. Attribute identifier: 79. Value number: 1. Referenced object:
>00000000 (00000000 => N/A). Referenced object error 0. [DB Server
>DISP:ROUTER 9 26] (14)

>Sorry.

>> Hi,

>> We have a customer with a Exchange 5.5 SP3 server NT4 SP6a. 256MB RAM and
>> plenty of disk space (for now).
>> It started about a week ago, the disks just filled right up and killed the
>> server. We fitted bigger disks and tried to restore, this was fine for
>about
>> a day then the disks started to loose space rapidly. To event errors are
>> recorded and Microsoft recommend running edbutil to rectify the problem,
>one
>> of our engineers ran this and the server promptly died. We re installed NT
>> and recovered the databases got the server back up and everything seemed
>> fine for a few hours then the same thing happened again.
>> I'm going to see the server tomorrow and I don't really want to run
>edbutil
>> again unless I have to, do you have any clues or recommendations?

>> Thanks in advance.

>> Andy.

Anyone seen this problem.

Post by Hunter Colema » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Makes me wonder what attribute 79 of object DB000035 is, and why the MTA
doesn't loop for attribute 79 of any of the other dat files.

--
Hunter Coleman
Exchange/Outlook Support
Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> Take a look at this MS KB article, it may help:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q253/7/18.asp

> You can also get this article by sending an E-mail with a subject of

> --
> Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
> Senior Systems Consultant
> Simpler-Webb, Inc.

> Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> E-Mail Resource Guide:
> http://www.mail-resources.com/resources/search.cgi

> >Sorry I forgot the event ID's

> >2110
> >fatal MTA database server error was encountered. A bad list member length
is
> >on object 0600003F. File offset: 1177. Attribute ID: 79. Referenced
object
> >00000000 (0 => N/A). Referenced object error: 0. [DB Server DISP:ROUTER 9
> >42] (16)

> >2171
> >An MTA database server error was encountered while reading an attribute.
> >Called from MTA. Procedure: 138. Database error code: 2111. Object at
fault:
> >0600003F. Attribute identifier: 79. Value number: 1. Referenced object:
> >00000000 (00000000 => N/A). Referenced object error 0. [DB Server
> >DISP:ROUTER 9 26] (14)

> >Sorry.

> >> Hi,

> >> We have a customer with a Exchange 5.5 SP3 server NT4 SP6a. 256MB RAM
and
> >> plenty of disk space (for now).
> >> It started about a week ago, the disks just filled right up and killed
the
> >> server. We fitted bigger disks and tried to restore, this was fine for
> >about
> >> a day then the disks started to loose space rapidly. To event errors
are
> >> recorded and Microsoft recommend running edbutil to rectify the
problem,
> >one
> >> of our engineers ran this and the server promptly died. We re installed
NT
> >> and recovered the databases got the server back up and everything
seemed
> >> fine for a few hours then the same thing happened again.
> >> I'm going to see the server tomorrow and I don't really want to run
> >edbutil
> >> again unless I have to, do you have any clues or recommendations?

> >> Thanks in advance.

> >> Andy.

1. Has anyone seen this problem in Exchange 2000

Scenario: I have a few Messages getting stuck in the
Categorizer. All other messages are sent out to the

going to marriott.com gets stuck and I cannot force a send
on it, but as stated all other addresses or sent out fine.
I have a t1 and I am using the t1 carriers DNS address as
forward lookup addresses except for local DNS resolution.
I don't think it is a DNS issue because all other
addresses work fine. Can anyone please tell me why only a
few messages to certain Interent addresses or getting
stuck and how do I fix it.

2. MTA files

3. Anyone seen this problem.

4. Anti-virus related query

5. has anyone seen this?

6. Deleting Users or Directing to Existing Primary NT Account

7. Anyone seen this after SP3 upgrade?

8. Where are HTML messages stored???

9. Anyone seen this error before?

10. Anyone seen this?

11. Event ID 9548 - Anyone seen this....

12. Has anyone seen this Error Message?

13. ANyone ever seen this NDR?