How to Administer MS Exchange using WGPO postoffice?

How to Administer MS Exchange using WGPO postoffice?

Post by Mark Crave » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

We had been using MS Mail for several years using a WGPO postoffice on a WFW
network of about 12 systems. During recent upgrades including the primary
'server' to Windows98 and Exchange 4.0, we have lost the ability to
administer (add/delete accounts, passwords, etc) the postoffice. Although we
have mixed Windows95 and Windows98 systems now, we are still using the WGPO
postoffice on Windows98. Mail is mixed between Exchange 4.0, Outlook98 and
Outlook Express 4.0.

Is there some administration program for doing this that either has to be
reinstalled from WFW or is available within Exchange? I certainly can't find
one.

Should we 'upgrade' to some uniform mail system that can be administered
from the 'server' or other networked system?

-Mark Craven

1. MS Exchange RAS to MS Mail Postoffice

Can I have my Exchange Server periodically dial a remote MS Mail Postoffice to
get users mail?  If so, how?
--
\___                    ___/     J. Nestor
    \_____--------_____/         Hook'em

2. Internet mail queues up but services are running

3. MS Exchange vs. MDaemon and WGPO

4. Internal/External Servers - how to access remotely

5. Looking for Mail gateway from MS WGPO

6. Bounce copy of message

7. Exch 5 RC1 and MS Mail WGPO

8. Using the ICreateRegistration Function in a event Sink

9. MS Chat on Exchange Serve cannot be Administered??

10. Help With MS Workgroup Postoffice and Exchange

11. Please help: 2 Exchange Sites, 1 MS Mail Postoffice