Urgent help needed - disaster recovery issue

Urgent help needed - disaster recovery issue

Post by Aberdeen I » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 05:32:31

Hi

I have an exchange 5.5 server running on 2000 server, I have recently had to
do a complete rebuild from scratch and unfortunately I only have offline
backups available.

I have restored using offline backups loads of times before and never had
this problem.

The problem is near the end of the process - when you have to run
isinteg -patch.

When I run it I get the following error - DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

The new server has the exact same site, server, and organisation names, and
all db paths are the same -I am stumped.

Any ideas (really any ideas, regardless of how stupid they may sound)

Cheers

Paul Adam

Urgent help needed - disaster recovery issue

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:52:52

Was the server built with the same Exchange Site Services Account?

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

Quote:> Hi

> I have an exchange 5.5 server running on 2000 server, I have recently had
> do a complete rebuild from scratch and unfortunately I only have offline
> backups available.

> I have restored using offline backups loads of times before and never had
> this problem.

> The problem is near the end of the process - when you have to run
> isinteg -patch.

> When I run it I get the following error - DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

> The new server has the exact same site, server, and organisation names,
and
> all db paths are the same -I am stumped.

> Any ideas (really any ideas, regardless of how stupid they may sound)

> Cheers

> Paul Adam

1. Urgent help needed - disaster recovery issue

Hi

I have an exchange 5.5 server running on 2000 server, I have recently had to
do a complete rebuild from scratch and unfortunately I only have offline
backups available.

I have restored using offline backups loads of times before and never had
this problem.

The problem is near the end of the process - when you have to run
isinteg -patch.

When I run it I get the following error - DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

The new server has the exact same site, server, and organisation names, and
all db paths are the same -I am stumped.

Any ideas (really any ideas, regardless of how stupid they may sound)

Cheers

Paul Adam

2. Merging databases

3. Urgent Help pls. on Disaster recovery

4. 20 minutes connect to exchange server.how to solve?

5. Disaster Recovery - I need to create damage in InfoStore to test recovery procedures

6. External mail...

7. disaster recovery help needed

8. GAL is Empty!! HELP

9. Help needed with Disaster Recovery exercise

10. Disaster Recovery - Expert help needed.

11. Disaster Recovery Help Needed

12. Need help with disaster recovery

13. URGENT - Help needed on IS recovery