Disaster Recovery

Post by Kevi » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:29:11

Is it possible to test run a disaster recovery on Exchange 2000 with
different hardware than the original server?
If not, what is the procedure for recovering an Exchange 2000 server to a
replacement server (with online backup)?

Kevin

1. Exchange Disaster Recovery becoming a Disaster

Good Afternoon

We are trying to restore Exchange 2K onto a different server.

We are following the restore procedure from the MS Exchange website and have
done a basic installation of Windows 2K and have restored the Active
Directory. However have the following problem.

When we attempt to re-install Exchange using the /DisaterRecovery switch the
installation immediately fails with the following error in the Event Viewer:

The description for Event ID (1005) in source (BOExchangeSetup) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: The system cannot find the specified.
Facility:Win32 ID no: c0070002 Microsoft Exchange Setup.

We have restored the AD for a second time with the same result.

Is there away around this problem or maybe a better route to restoring
Exchange??

Thanks

Mike

2. Slow connectivity to Exchange 2000.

3. Cannot send mail between two exchange servers

4. Disaster Recovery - I need to create damage in InfoStore to test recovery procedures

5. Recalling a message problem

6. Disaster Recovery options

7. Create an alias that will forward to more than 2 e-mail addresses

8. "disaster recovery" question

9. Exchange Replication for Disaster Recovery

10. Advanced Disaster Recovery

11. Disaster recovery tools...

12. Disaster Recovery, Failover, Cluster