SP3 Y2K Fixes

Post by Barnes, Michae » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Anyone know if SP3 contains explicit Y2K fixes that would make it wise to
upgrade before the end of this year?

thx

SP3 Y2K Fixes

Post by Dave Lov » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am pretty sure exchange is y2k without the service packs.

Quote:> Anyone know if SP3 contains explicit Y2K fixes that would make it wise to
> upgrade before the end of this year?

> thx

SP3 Y2K Fixes

Post by Susan Conke » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Excerpt from White Paper on Exchange 5.5 follows:

"Appendix C - Year 2000 Issues
Year 2000 (Y2K) compliance can be achieved with Exchange Server 5.5 SP1
unless you are using the Lotus cc:Mail Migration Wizard, the Exchange
Connector for Lotus cc:Mail, or the Microsoft Mail Directory Synchronization
components of Exchange Server. Always refer to Microsoft's Y2K Web site for
the up-to-date official Microsoft statement"

Susan

>Anyone know if SP3 contains explicit Y2K fixes that would make it wise to
>upgrade before the end of this year?

>thx

SP3 Y2K Fixes

Post by Michel Paqui » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Go have a look at:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q235/4/52.asp

> Excerpt from White Paper on Exchange 5.5 follows:

> "Appendix C - Year 2000 Issues
> Year 2000 (Y2K) compliance can be achieved with Exchange Server 5.5 SP1
> unless you are using the Lotus cc:Mail Migration Wizard, the Exchange
> Connector for Lotus cc:Mail, or the Microsoft Mail Directory Synchronization
> components of Exchange Server. Always refer to Microsoft's Y2K Web site for
> the up-to-date official Microsoft statement"

> Susan

> >Anyone know if SP3 contains explicit Y2K fixes that would make it wise to
> >upgrade before the end of this year?

> >thx

1. Content Engine error 12007 on Exchange 5.5 Sp3 + post sp3 fixes

I have dug around technet and the MS Support siite trying to track the
causeof this error without any joy.

the event log error is;

Error 80004005-81000068 occurred while processing message

Schedules.' from 'Black, Peter'. The archive filename is '3W79C8QM'.

Following this message I get a 4116 "internal processing" error as follows;

An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail Service
uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server. It is possible
that the piece of mail being processed at the time will be returned to the
sender as a failed delivery instead of being delivered. The message will be
moved to the "BAD" folder, if possible, and the error is not a temporary
error. Otherwise it will be retried when the service is restarted. Use the
appropriate utilities found in the SUPPORT directory of your Exchange CD to
view and manipulate messages that have been moved to the "BAD" folder.

It appears the IMC is choking on a message with attachment.  The attachment
is a zip file with excel inside it of 100K so it is nothing fancy.  If the
file is taken out of the zip file and sent it goes through OK.  The original
ZIP file was recieved into our network OK prior to us rebroadcasting it.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Tim

2. Restoring Exchange

3. SP3 & Post SP3 Fixes

4. newsgroup with outlook express

5. Outlook'97/Y2k fix?

6. Exchange 5.5 and POP3

7. OWA fix for after SP3

8. Event ID 9533

9. OWA fix for after Sp3

10. Post SP3 Fixes

11. Does SP3 for Exchng 5.5 fix this?!?!

12. Post-SP3 Exchange Fix Clients

13. Does SP3 include fix from Q316216 ?