Exchange Exam

Post by possu » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Please ignore this or excuse it if it is out of place in this group. Has
anyone taken the Exchange 5.5 certification exam lately?
Is it adaptive?
What areas are most critical to pass?
Any tips?

Thanks,
jim

Exchange Exam

Post by Dave Smallma » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

no its not! 30 questions 60mins pass score of633!

Quote:> Please ignore this or excuse it if it is out of place in this group. Has
> anyone taken the Exchange 5.5 certification exam lately?
> Is it adaptive?
> What areas are most critical to pass?
> Any tips?

> Thanks,
> jim

Exchange Exam

Post by Rich Matheise » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>no its not! 30 questions 60mins pass score of633!

That sounds adaptive to me! The beta was 160 Q's in 3 hours. The 5.5
exam used to be around 60 Q's in 90 minutes.

If it WAS adaptive then you probably weren't faring too well if you
had to answer 30 Q's!

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Exchange Exam

Post by Dave Smallma » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

It was not adaptive cause you could mark and go back! It was v hard though,
i only got 56%! pass mark 63%

> >no its not! 30 questions 60mins pass score of633!

> That sounds adaptive to me! The beta was 160 Q's in 3 hours. The 5.5
> exam used to be around 60 Q's in 90 minutes.

> If it WAS adaptive then you probably weren't faring too well if you
> had to answer 30 Q's!

> ------------------
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE, Exchange MVP

Exchange Exam

Post by Susan Conke » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

It may be adaptive in the sense that it changes the difficulty of the
questions, based on your answers.  However, it does say at the beginning of
the test that there will be 30 questions - no matter what...

Susan

>>no its not! 30 questions 60mins pass score of633!

>That sounds adaptive to me! The beta was 160 Q's in 3 hours. The 5.5
>exam used to be around 60 Q's in 90 minutes.

>If it WAS adaptive then you probably weren't faring too well if you
>had to answer 30 Q's!

>------------------
>Rich Matheisen
>MCSE, Exchange MVP
>MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Exchange Exam

Post by Rich Matheise » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>It may be adaptive in the sense that it changes the difficulty of the
>questions, based on your answers.  However, it does say at the beginning of
>the test that there will be 30 questions - no matter what...

If it states the number of questions before the test begins then it's
not adaptive.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Exchange Exam

Post by Amiri Jon » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>It may be adaptive in the sense that it changes the difficulty of the
>questions, based on your answers.  However, it does say at the beginning
>of the test that there will be 30 questions - no matter what...

        Then it's definitely NOT an adaptive exam.  There's no way to know
beforehand how many questions it will take for the test software to obtain
a statistically valid score.  The keys for determining if you are taking an
adaptive exam are the lack of an explicit number of questions mentioned at
the beginning of the exam, and the inability to mark or review questions.
If these conditions exist, you're taking an adaptive exam.  The number of
questions in and of itself is irrelevant, because Microsoft is now using a
shortened version of the old format as well as the adaptive format.

Exchange Exam

Post by Marshall R. Madol » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I've heard unofficially that all tests were going to the 30 question format.
I have read that Microsoft wants to get away from the multiple choice
answers and go with a case example where you are given a scenario and then
decide the best course of action.  How they plan on doing that, I don't
know. Look at Cramsession.com for back articles on Microsoft testing.

--
Marshall R. Madole
Century Technologies

>>It may be adaptive in the sense that it changes the difficulty of the
>>questions, based on your answers.  However, it does say at the beginning
>>of the test that there will be 30 questions - no matter what...

>    Then it's definitely NOT an adaptive exam.  There's no way to know
>beforehand how many questions it will take for the test software to obtain
>a statistically valid score.  The keys for determining if you are taking an
>adaptive exam are the lack of an explicit number of questions mentioned at
>the beginning of the exam, and the inability to mark or review questions.
>If these conditions exist, you're taking an adaptive exam.  The number of
>questions in and of itself is irrelevant, because Microsoft is now using a
>shortened version of the old format as well as the adaptive format.

Exchange Exam

Post by Dave Smallma » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I Passed! with 700, MCSE now!!!!!!!!!

> I've heard unofficially that all tests were going to the 30 question
format.
> I have read that Microsoft wants to get away from the multiple choice
> answers and go with a case example where you are given a scenario and then
> decide the best course of action.  How they plan on doing that, I don't
> know. Look at Cramsession.com for back articles on Microsoft testing.

> --
> Marshall R. Madole
> Century Technologies
> MCSE, CNA

> >>It may be adaptive in the sense that it changes the difficulty of the
> >>questions, based on your answers.  However, it does say at the beginning
> >>of the test that there will be 30 questions - no matter what...

> >    Then it's definitely NOT an adaptive exam.  There's no way to know
> >beforehand how many questions it will take for the test software to
obtain
> >a statistically valid score.  The keys for determining if you are taking
an
> >adaptive exam are the lack of an explicit number of questions mentioned
at
> >the beginning of the exam, and the inability to mark or review questions.
> >If these conditions exist, you're taking an adaptive exam.  The number of
> >questions in and of itself is irrelevant, because Microsoft is now using
> >shortened version of the old format as well as the adaptive format.

Exchange Exam

Post by Susan Conke » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Congrats...Actually I prefer the way the test is to a real adaptive test.
I've always felt that an adaptive test doesn't allow you to get a really
good score, because as soon as it decides you've scored enough points to
pass, you are cut off.  I was glad I was able to get an 800 on this test.

Susan

>I Passed! with 700, MCSE now!!!!!!!!!

>> I've heard unofficially that all tests were going to the 30 question
>format.
>> I have read that Microsoft wants to get away from the multiple choice
>> answers and go with a case example where you are given a scenario and
then
>> decide the best course of action.  How they plan on doing that, I don't
>> know. Look at Cramsession.com for back articles on Microsoft testing.

>> --
>> Marshall R. Madole
>> Century Technologies
>> MCSE, CNA

>> >    Then it's definitely NOT an adaptive exam.  There's no way to know
>> >beforehand how many questions it will take for the test software to
>obtain
>> >a statistically valid score.  The keys for determining if you are taking
>an
>> >adaptive exam are the lack of an explicit number of questions mentioned
>at
>> >the beginning of the exam, and the inability to mark or review
questions.
>> >If these conditions exist, you're taking an adaptive exam.  The number
of
>> >questions in and of itself is irrelevant, because Microsoft is now using
>> >shortened version of the old format as well as the adaptive format.

Exchange Exam

Post by Marshall R. Madol » Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:00

two more

http://www.cramsession.com/articles/features/990708.htm
http://www.cramsession.com/articles/features/990701.htm

--
Marshall R. Madole
Century Technologies

>I've heard unofficially that all tests were going to the 30 question
format.
>I have read that Microsoft wants to get away from the multiple choice
>answers and go with a case example where you are given a scenario and then
>decide the best course of action.  How they plan on doing that, I don't
>know. Look at Cramsession.com for back articles on Microsoft testing.

>--
>Marshall R. Madole
>Century Technologies
>MCSE, CNA

>>>It may be adaptive in the sense that it changes the difficulty of the
>>>questions, based on your answers.  However, it does say at the beginning
>>>of the test that there will be 30 questions - no matter what...

>>    Then it's definitely NOT an adaptive exam.  There's no way to know
>>beforehand how many questions it will take for the test software to obtain
>>a statistically valid score.  The keys for determining if you are taking
an
>>adaptive exam are the lack of an explicit number of questions mentioned at
>>the beginning of the exam, and the inability to mark or review questions.
>>If these conditions exist, you're taking an adaptive exam.  The number of
>>questions in and of itself is irrelevant, because Microsoft is now using a
>>shortened version of the old format as well as the adaptive format.

Exchange Exam

Post by Marshall R. Madol » Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:00

here is that reference I mentioned.
http://www.cramsession.com/articles/features/990715.htm

--
Marshall R. Madole