Need to remove a message from the MTA queue

Need to remove a message from the MTA queue

Post by Jeff Buntin » Fri, 17 Oct 2003 04:04:25

Exchange 5.5 SP4

someone tried mailing a 175mb attachment yesterday and it still appears to
be stuck in the MTA. I tried deleting the message through Exchange Admin but
get the message that it is currently being delivered. Well, it has been
"currently being delivered" since yesterday afternoon so I'd like to give it
the axe. If I stop the MTA and delete the DAT file from the mtadata
directory am I asking for trouble? Wasn't sure how unhappy Exchange would be
after doing this. Would mtacheck.exe help any?

thanks,

Jeff

Need to remove a message from the MTA queue

Post by Jeff Buntin » Fri, 17 Oct 2003 06:45:46

duh....
I restarted the MTA service and was then able to delete.  I was just a
little slow to think of that.

Quote:> Exchange 5.5 SP4