Unknown or unexpected error occurred

Post by Robert Wrigh » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Just installed Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 with SP 4, IE 4.01, Active Server
pages, and Outlook98. Everytime I start the adminstrator it stops right
after selecting the server with the following error message.

Unknown or unexpected error occurred
MAPI or an unspecified service provider
ID No. 8004010f-0000-00000000

I am using the MCSE training guide for Exchange 5.5 as a reference and I
followed all of the steps it indicates in installing a new site.
Perfomance optomizer ran fine and all services start fine.

Any ideas?

---Robert

Post by Darin R Cam » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Just installed Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 with SP 4, IE 4.01, Active Server
> pages, and Outlook98. Everytime I start the adminstrator it stops right
> after selecting the server with the following error message.

> Unknown or unexpected error occurred
> MAPI or an unspecified service provider
> ID No. 8004010f-0000-00000000

> I am using the MCSE training guide for Exchange 5.5 as a reference and I
> followed all of the steps it indicates in installing a new site.
> Perfomance optomizer ran fine and all services start fine.

> Any ideas?

> ---Robert

Does the machine you are trying to access the Exchange server from have an
RPC capable connection to the Exchange server? Is there a router or firewall
between you and the Exchange server that may be filtering TCP port 135 (RPC
end-point mapper)?

--
Darin R Camp