Directing where Exchange 5.5 sends mail?

Directing where Exchange 5.5 sends mail?

Post by Ray » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 02:21:27

Hi,

We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 and have Symantec's Norton AntiVirus for
Email Gateways pre-scanning all inbound email, which is then forwarded
to Exchange. Supposedly there is some way to tall Exchange to direct all
email it sends so it goes through the gateway instead of directly to the
Internet. We currently have multiple Exchange servers and we want them
all to have their "sent" email directed through the gateway for scanning
instead of directly to the Internet.

Thanks!

Ray

Directing where Exchange 5.5 sends mail?

Post by Rob » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 05:03:06

On your IMC direct it to send all mail to the "gateway", I think the setting
is called Smarthost.

Then your gateway will have to deliver the messages via DNS or smarthost to
your ISP.

Thanks

Rob

Quote:> Hi,

> We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 and have Symantec's Norton AntiVirus for
> Email Gateways pre-scanning all inbound email, which is then forwarded
> to Exchange. Supposedly there is some way to tall Exchange to direct all
> email it sends so it goes through the gateway instead of directly to the
> Internet. We currently have multiple Exchange servers and we want them
> all to have their "sent" email directed through the gateway for scanning
> instead of directly to the Internet.

> Thanks!

> Ray

Directing where Exchange 5.5 sends mail?

IMC props/Connections tab/Message Delivery area/Forward all messages to host.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

1. re directing mail entering exchange 5.5

Hi,
can I re direct mail to an outside mail address from exchange 5.5?
I need to re direct emails to an ISP provided web based email system when we
are overseas.
This needs to be turned on and off depending if we are here or overseas.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance.

2. Alias

3. How to send a mail via a connector direct to a public folder

4. Webmail Setup

5. How can I send the world mail by using direct connection

6. Distribution Lists

7. Exchange server tries to re-direct X.400 messages, fails and sends back an NDR

8. 9186 & 9187 Event ID's

9. Can someone direct me to a guide for testing an Exchange 5.5 Restore

10. HELP - To direct in Exchange 5.5

11. Re-directing Mailbox in Exchange 5.5

12. Directing mail to undefined e-mail addresses

13. directing e-mail to users mail boxes