how do I send mail from an external POP server instead of using exchange

how do I send mail from an external POP server instead of using exchange

Post by Chad » Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:01:04

greetings:

We recently installed exchange 2k, we are only using exchange as the mail store as of today.  Users still recieve messages via a separate hosted POP accounts but the mail is stored in their exchange folder when the download.  My issue is that when internal exchange users send email to someone with an account on the server, the way I thought it was set up will relay the message to the pop server instead all mail to interneal people get dropped directly into their mail store on exchange.  This is not good for the traveling users that need to be able to pull that mail down from the extenrnal pop server.

How do i tell all email that is being sent whether it is to people with or without an account to not resolve names with exchange but relay it to my hosted pop server and it will handle the sending of the message.  Thank you

1. Sending mail via exchange account instead of POP

Hi all,

I'm in a strange situation:

A secretary is using pop to get her mail, and also have a exchange account
(of her boss) open in her Outlook XP to manage, calendar and contacts.

Sometimes... but I don't know why nor when.... when she want to send a mail,
the 'From' is the name of her boss and not her name... POP account is the
default one so this shouldn't arrive.

Working with OUTLOOK XP and EXchange 2000

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. Public Folders Problem?

3. Blocking Server from being used by SPAM but let external employees ability to send SMTP mail

4. Incomming Attachment problem

5. Wrong Outlook e-mail form used doing file/send from Word/Excel

6. NTBackup Error/Exchange

7. grabbing mail from external POP Servers into Exchange

8. owa client can`t log in exchange2000 server?

9. POP Users using exchange server to send email

10. grabbing mail from external POP Servers into Exchange

11. Retrieve mail from external POP by Exchange Server 2000