HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable In OWA

Post by Chris Hous » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:42:21

Recently started getting the error "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" when
trying to access any mailbox in OWA.  I'm running Exchange 2K Enterprise SP1
on Win 2K Advanced SP2 in a front end/back end setup.  I've had Exchange SP1
on there for about two weeks and everything was working fine with OWA until
this morning when I tried to log on.  I searched Technet and came across
article Q282230, which unfortunately doesn't seem to apply to my situation.
The only thing striking that I've noticed is that on the backend server, the
'M:\' drive used by OWA is missing.  This is only a problem on the back end
server, the 'M:\' drive is still displayed on the front end server.

Any suggestions as to what may be the solution of this problem would be
appreciated!

Thanks.

Chris

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable In OWA

Post by Chris Hous » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 03:52:49

Update on the situation:  Just did a reboot of the backend server and now I
have the 'M:\' drive visible again.  But, I'm still getting the '503' error
message when trying to get into OWA.  I guess I'll try a reboot of the front
end server and see if that resolves the issue or not.

Quote:> Recently started getting the error "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" when
> trying to access any mailbox in OWA.  I'm running Exchange 2K Enterprise
SP1
> on Win 2K Advanced SP2 in a front end/back end setup.  I've had Exchange
SP1
> on there for about two weeks and everything was working fine with OWA
until
> this morning when I tried to log on.  I searched Technet and came across
> article Q282230, which unfortunately doesn't seem to apply to my
situation.
> The only thing striking that I've noticed is that on the backend server,
the
> 'M:\' drive used by OWA is missing.  This is only a problem on the back
end
> server, the 'M:\' drive is still displayed on the front end server.

> Any suggestions as to what may be the solution of this problem would be
> appreciated!

> Thanks.

> Chris

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable In OWA

Post by Chris Hous » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:29:09

I've made a little progress with my problem, but the situation is still not
good.  Just for the heck of it, I tried adding the script mapping  * -->
c:\program files\exchsrvr\bin\davex.dll on my front end server.  When I did
this, I was able to log on to OWA successfully, but it forwards me to the
back end server!  So, I think for now this is my only problem, that my front
end/back end configuration no longer seems to be working.  If anyone has
suggestions on how to get that back in order, I'll be one happy camper!

Thanks,

Chris