How to setup Exchange 5.5 IMC authentication

How to setup Exchange 5.5 IMC authentication

Post by Kevin Ton » Sun, 26 May 2002 00:53:41

I want all remote user must logon smtp server.

Please help !

Kevin Tong

How to setup Exchange 5.5 IMC authentication

Post by MVP » Sun, 26 May 2002 02:51:11

Click the routing restrictions button on the routing tab of the IMS, check
off the top box (authentication) then restart the IMS.
--
Susan VanAllen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Quote:> I want all remote user must logon smtp server.

> Please help !

> Kevin Tong

1. Exchange 5.5 SP4 IMC (Internet Mail Connector) Setup Fails

When attempting to install/configure the Internet Mail Connector on an
Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server (on Windows 2000 Server or Adv. Server) I
receive the following error:

"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Microsoft Windows NT
ID No: 0xc002052e"

The following solution that Microsoft posts is not the case, as the
service accounts on my system are already in the domain\service
account format.

Article Q255234 - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255234

I have attempted to re-apply the Exchange service pack, verified the
account is valid (it is controlling my entire Exchange environment
with no other problems), give the service account more local
permission, duplicated the issue on more than one server.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - Thanks in advance.

2. ExWebZap AppFarm Replacement?

3. Exchange 5.5 SMTP mail and IMC setup -- HELP!!

4. Service Pack 2

5. IMC setup with SBS 4.5, exch upgrade to 5.5

6. Joining and leaving a site - server migration ?

7. How to setup/modify an account in Exchange Server without NT authentication

8. Multiple templates/different languages on Exchange 5.0

9. Nestscape Authentication to IMC

10. E 5.5 IMC - attatch task,contact,note when sending through IMC doesn't work

11. IMPORTANT: Apparent incompatibility in 5.5 IMC with 5.0 IMC

12. Exchange IMC and DNS Setup