Subscribe A Public Folder to a ListServ Mail List

Subscribe A Public Folder to a ListServ Mail List

Post by JClar » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Help, I'm suffering from brain cramp this afternoon....

How do I subscribe a Public Folder to a ListServ Mail List?  ( I need to
subscribe a public folder to the Outlook-Users ListServ)

Thanks in advance!
John

Subscribe A Public Folder to a ListServ Mail List

Post by Joe Murph » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Should be pretty easy... Just create the public folder... make sure it's not
hidden from the GAL ... make sure it has an SMTP  address under the E-mail
addresses tab and use its SMTP address when setting it up to participate in
the LISTSERV.

I don't think you have to jump through any more hoops....

JM

Quote:> Help, I'm suffering from brain cramp this afternoon....

> How do I subscribe a Public Folder to a ListServ Mail List?  ( I need to
> subscribe a public folder to the Outlook-Users ListServ)

> Thanks in advance!
> John

Subscribe A Public Folder to a ListServ Mail List

Post by ~{V\Et~ » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Would you tell me how to get and install listserv?

Subscribe A Public Folder to a ListServ Mail List

Post by Missy Koslosk » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

There isn't a great listserv available for Exchange right now, unless
they've modified Edxlist from the BORK and made it work...

I'd go with a non-Exchange based solution if Exlist hasn't been updated.

See http://www.swinc.com/exch_faq.html for details.

Missy Koslosky
System Integrator/Analyst
USinternetworking
http://www.usi.net

Would you tell me how to get and install listserv?

Subscribe A Public Folder to a ListServ Mail List

Post by Diego Vasque » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I could add, you should give yourself permissions to submit email on behalf
of the public folder's SMTP address so you can actually subscribe the group
to the mailing list (from your mail client).  This is because the mailing
list subscription process usually means email interaction with the mailing
list server using the SMTP address to be subscribed.

Joe Murphy escribi en mensaje ...