RPC server unavailable

Post by Joe Wis » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

We run Exchange 5.5 SP1 on a Dell PowerEdge 2300.  I have an issue and I was
wondering if anyone else had seen it.  All clients are Dell OptiPlex's
running NTW4 SP3 or SP4 using onboard 3Com NIC and Dell NT4 drivers.
Something happens when we try to connect that effectively renders the
Exchange server inoperable, forcing you to do a forced restart.  Because the
RPC server is no longer available, you can't even issue net stop (services)
from the command line.  Anybody seen this or got any ideas?

Joe Wise
Director of Information Systems
Indigo Networks

1. RPC Server Unavailable?

When using the NLTEST utility to check for secure channels it returns
"I_NetLogonControl failed: Status = 1722 0x6ba RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE"

This is returned at the GC server and completes successfully on other DCs.
Does it just not run on the GC so this would be normal, or is there a
problem somewhere?

How do I troubleshoot this?  Thanks!

2. NDR MTA Error

3. The RPC Server is unavailable (DNS)

4. blocking out going mail

5. RPC Service is unavailable

6. Exchange 5.5 SP2 yet?

7. RPC Service is Unavailable Error Message

8. Using Exchange App Farm app GALmod, results in Error 800401E4?

9. RPC Service is unavailable

10. Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable/Unable to resolve server

11. RPC Problem Server to Server

12. RPC server too busy, cannot shutdown server

13. RPC Server too busy after trying stating Exchange Server