Copy Exchange 5.5 data

Post by Si » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 02:27:13

Hi

I would like to duplicate data from one Exchange 5.5 server to another so
that the new server can take over from the old server.

Can i do this using replication?

Thanks Si

Copy Exchange 5.5 data

Post by Susa » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 02:35:59

no...what is your objective?

Quote:> Hi

> I would like to duplicate data from one Exchange 5.5 server to another so
> that the new server can take over from the old server.

> Can i do this using replication?

> Thanks Si

Copy Exchange 5.5 data

Post by MVP » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:31:13

> Hi

> I would like to duplicate data from one Exchange 5.5 server to another so
> that the new server can take over from the old server.

> Can i do this using replication?

> Thanks Si

Hello,

Here is a "sample" solution.

Yes, this kind of thing is possible:

Use a "BDC" from the existing NT domain.
(install it if necessary)

Cut this "BDC" and put it on a separated network.
Promote it as "PDC"
Install a server as member with the same name as the real server.
Install Exchange 5.5 in the same conditions (Organization, Site, same SP,
account service).
As a test, reload real databases (IS and DS) and verify that exchange
services can start!

After this step, you can stop services and put them "manual",
rename the server and integrate the server in the production domain.

You can now imagine scripts to regularly copy the databases between the two
servers (the real and the renamed)...

In case of problem with the production server, stop it, rename the "backup"
server with the correct name.
Reintegrate the backup server in the domain.
Reload the last backup (if necessary) and restart services (put them as
automatic)

Hoping this can help you in your solution.

Bye.

--
Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL
MVP Exchange,SQL/Server

Copy Exchange 5.5 data

Post by a » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:36:18

Install the second server into the same Exchange site as the first.  Set
replications for the Public folders and then move the mailboxes to the new
server. If you do this in small groups users will not be interrupted very
much.  Once the users close Outlook and restart Outlook they will
automatically connect to the new server.  There is a set of Instructions on
Microsoft that instructs you on how to remove the first server from the
site.  There are also complete instructions for this scenario at Microsoft.
Keyword search  Q327928  , Q159485.
This will change depending on what operating system you are using and if you
use ADC on W2k.

Quote:> Hi

> I would like to duplicate data from one Exchange 5.5 server to another so
> that the new server can take over from the old server.

> Can i do this using replication?

> Thanks Si

1. Local copy of data in outlook with exchange master copy is this posible

Dear all

I was wondering if it was posible to setup exchange so
that i can have a server setup in the office running
exchange to colect every ones email and provied web access
to there info when out and about, with shared contacts and
all that type of functionality (I sure all the above is
posible) however sevral of our people work from home with
ADSL. Hence I would like a local copy of the data on there
system so that I odn't have long wait times. some of the
pst files that curently hold the data are over 1G. Hence
can I set the system up to replice the info on the local
machine when in use and then use the web access when
roming. once you then log back in form the desktop it will
update the pst file.

the reason for doing this is so that it's fast on my local
machine having to wait for file to download every time I
wanted to view them would be V annowing.

Or have i mist the point and it work somthly any way.

Please advise

thanks

2. Stopping exchange 5.5 services from command promt

3. Need a Solution : Data Recovery which has not Backed up (I've a copied Data)

4. Incompatible Logfileformat Ex2k SP1/SP2

5. copy of exchange server 5.5 or eval copy?

6. Splitting priv.edb file

7. Going from evaluation copy to Licenced copy of Exchange 5.5

8. Deleting mail from the console

9. copy exchange-data

10. Copy Data from one exchange server to another

11. Auto copy data from public calendar to personal

12. Copy data from a public calendar

13. Can Data from the Eval Copy be Preserved?