Bad message

Post by Alex » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I'm running Exchange 5.0 and my Store.exe gives me a Dr. Watson application
error. I found that this is caused by a "bad" message coming in to my IMC.
Microsoft's knowledgebase has information on this event, but does not give
instructions on how to fix the problem. I deleted everything out of the
imcdata/in and imcdata/out directories, but this does not help. Everytime I
try to start the IMC service, it crashes my store.exe.

Has anyone run across this problem? If so please help!

Thanks

Bad message

Post by KJS » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have experienced the same problem.  MS support had me download a utility
called RESETIMC...works every time...

> I'm running Exchange 5.0 and my Store.exe gives me a Dr. Watson application
> error. I found that this is caused by a "bad" message coming in to my IMC.
> Microsoft's knowledgebase has information on this event, but does not give
> instructions on how to fix the problem. I deleted everything out of the
> imcdata/in and imcdata/out directories, but this does not help. Everytime I
> try to start the IMC service, it crashes my store.exe.

> Has anyone run across this problem? If so please help!

> Thanks

Bad message

Post by Beckers, Shaw » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

The 'bad' message is most likely in your MTS-IN or MTS-OUT queue.  The
only way to remove a message from these queues is to use the MDB View
utility that comes on the Exchange Server CD.  Take a look at KB article
Q151775 for more info.
Posted At: Thursday, June 17, 1999 3:06 PM
Posted To: admin
Conversation: Bad message
Subject: Bad message

I'm running Exchange 5.0 and my Store.exe gives me a Dr. Watson
application
error. I found that this is caused by a "bad" message coming in to my
IMC.
Microsoft's knowledgebase has information on this event, but does not
give
instructions on how to fix the problem. I deleted everything out of the
imcdata/in and imcdata/out directories, but this does not help.
Everytime I
try to start the IMC service, it crashes my store.exe.

Has anyone run across this problem? If so please help!

Thanks

1. Bad Messages, Message archive

Hi,

We have just implemented Microsoft Exchange as our new email server for our
school having previously used MDaemon v 2.8, we have 120 staff email
accounts and 1600 pupil accounts.

To cover our backs we need to be able to archive a copy of every email
recieved / sent to our domain, we could do this quite easily in MDaemon but
I can't see a way in Exchange yet, perhaps someone here could suggest a
solution? (need a copy operation)

We regularly receive emails with slightly munged email addresses and with
MDaemon they would drop into the bad messages queue from where I could view
and move the messages into the appropriate directory, can I do this in
Exchange?

Cheers

Andy!

2. turning off email read reciepts

3. Bad Message keps re-queueing

4. RUS Updating

5. Bad Message in MTA causing IMC failure

6. Dutch summary discription of Microsoft Exchange Server

7. Exchange Won't Stop Trying to Post Bad Message

8. FAST HELP NEEDED ! Problem with addressbooks !

9. Bad messages in MTS

10. Bad Message

11. Weird/Bad Messages

12. BAD message