Replacing a Exchange 5.5 server

Post by Evan Abela Scola » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:31:32

My setup is 3 Domain controllers on win2k, 2 of them have exchange 5.5
and the other is a data server. One of my Exchange servers is giving
me lots of trouble so decided it needs to be changed/upgraded. This
server was the first to be an exchange server. Apart from the
mailboxes, are there any settings or site roles which I need to
replicate or transfer to the other exchange server before I completely
remove the faulty one.

Replacing a Exchange 5.5 server

Post by MSFT » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:38:22

Yes please look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152959

This should tell you what you need to know.

Quote:> My setup is 3 Domain controllers on win2k, 2 of them have exchange 5.5
> and the other is a data server. One of my Exchange servers is giving
> me lots of trouble so decided it needs to be changed/upgraded. This
> server was the first to be an exchange server. Apart from the
> mailboxes, are there any settings or site roles which I need to
> replicate or transfer to the other exchange server before I completely
> remove the faulty one.

Replacing a Exchange 5.5 server

Post by Evan Abela Scola » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:57:54

Thanks