NTBackup question

Post by Gert Lack » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

We would like to NTBackup an Exchange server on another server.

We copied the ntbackup.exe from the Exchange server - no success.
We installed the exchange admin tools on the other server - no success.

What is going wrong? Is it impossible to backup an Exchange server over the
network?

Gert

NTBackup question

Post by Fabiano Schmid » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

What mean  "no success" ?
The backup software don't start or you can not see the Exchange option on
menu?

Quote:> We would like to NTBackup an Exchange server on another server.

> We copied the ntbackup.exe from the Exchange server - no success.
> We installed the exchange admin tools on the other server - no success.

> What is going wrong? Is it impossible to backup an Exchange server over
the
> network?

> Gert

NTBackup question

Post by Kevin Holma » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Install the version of NTBACKUP on the exchange CD

--
These sites help:
http://www.ntfaq.com/exchange.html

--

>Sorry for not giving this information.

>When using NTBACKUP interactively we do not get the Exchange options.

>When running it in batch mode we receive a mesaage in the log that reads:
>"No files selected for backup"

>Gert

>> What mean  "no success" ?
>> The backup software don't start or you can not see the Exchange option on
>> menu?

NTBackup question

Post by Gert Lack » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Sorry for not giving this information.

When using NTBACKUP interactively we do not get the Exchange options.

When running it in batch mode we receive a mesaage in the log that reads:
"No files selected for backup"

Gert

Quote:> What mean  "no success" ?
> The backup software don't start or you can not see the Exchange option on
> menu?

NTBackup question

Post by Ben Smit » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Here is your answer...
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q141/8/30.asp

Ben Smith, MCSE

> Sorry for not giving this information.

> When using NTBACKUP interactively we do not get the Exchange options.

> When running it in batch mode we receive a mesaage in the log that reads:
> "No files selected for backup"

> Gert

> > What mean  "no success" ?
> > The backup software don't start or you can not see the Exchange option
on
> > menu?

1. NTbackup question

Hi all,

Just wondering - if a user accesses email etc. during a backup session, does it
corrupt the backup?

I have been having backup issues - backup works fine for a few days, then get
errors (backup of log files corrupt, will not restore...).  Then the next day
the backup works fine.

I have even run two backups at night (like 2am and 4am) and have the first one
come up corrupt - but the second one was fine.

Any help appreciated,
Rob

2. Meeting request goes to non-existing user

3. NTBackup question.

4. Strange delays on exchange SMTP ?

5. ntbackup question with exchange

6. Outlook Autodials my ISP, won't autodial Exch Server

7. Ex5 sp1 (NT4sp3) NTBackup question

8. Creating multiple Exchange accounts

9. NTBACKUP question

10. Another NTBackup restore question

11. veritas supplied ntbackup and MS supplied ntbackup

12. !!! NT4.0 - Question about NTBACKUP/Batch Command !!!