NDR - 5.1.8 - Undocumented Exchange NDR Error

NDR - 5.1.8 - Undocumented Exchange NDR Error

Post by C. Vandewal » Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:42:47

Hi,

We have an ES2000 SP1 and a W2K SP2.  We've got an SMTP connector
installed with an address space *, this connector use dns to send
mail.
If we sent a mail to whatever address we like it works, also internal
mail doesn't give a problem.  Now if the customer on that server try

5.1.8.  Stating that the person coldn't be found in the organization
and probably moved to another one.

So what I've tried also to do is make a second SMTP connector with
businesssolutions.be in the address space and told the connector to
deliver the mail to a smart host (mail.businesssolutions.be - which is
the actual SMTP server for that domain) but it still doesn't work
after restarting all the ES services.

Now we added a second ES2000 + W2K for another organization that is on
the same physical network we also created the AD schema but completely
standalone.  So we created a new forest also with a new ES
organization.  The strange thing is is they want to mail to the
external email addresses of the first organization they get an NDR
5.1.8 also.  When the first organization mails to the second again the
5.1.8 NDR appears.

It's a very frustrating error and I can't seem to find anywhere on the
net, nor the ms website, a document concerning the error.

If somebody has this error also or knows a solution please contact me
so we can combine our forces.

thx and regards!
Christof Vandewalle
System Engineer Business Solutions

NDR - 5.1.8 - Undocumented Exchange NDR Error

Post by Tom Meunie » Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:00:56

Do you have a recipient policy for that domain?

> Hi,

> We have an ES2000 SP1 and a W2K SP2.  We've got an SMTP connector
> installed with an address space *, this connector use dns to send
> mail.
> If we sent a mail to whatever address we like it works, also internal
> mail doesn't give a problem.  Now if the customer on that server try

> 5.1.8.  Stating that the person coldn't be found in the organization
> and probably moved to another one.

> So what I've tried also to do is make a second SMTP connector with
> businesssolutions.be in the address space and told the connector to
> deliver the mail to a smart host (mail.businesssolutions.be - which is
> the actual SMTP server for that domain) but it still doesn't work
> after restarting all the ES services.

> Now we added a second ES2000 + W2K for another organization that is on
> the same physical network we also created the AD schema but completely
> standalone.  So we created a new forest also with a new ES
> organization.  The strange thing is is they want to mail to the
> external email addresses of the first organization they get an NDR
> 5.1.8 also.  When the first organization mails to the second again the
> 5.1.8 NDR appears.

> It's a very frustrating error and I can't seem to find anywhere on the
> net, nor the ms website, a document concerning the error.

> If somebody has this error also or knows a solution please contact me
> so we can combine our forces.

> thx and regards!
> Christof Vandewalle
> System Engineer Business Solutions

NDR - 5.1.8 - Undocumented Exchange NDR Error

Post by Joann » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 04:09:14

Most connectivity problems are DNS related!

Did you set up DNS MX records for your Domain on a valid
internet DNS server?
Is your email domain registered as a valid internet
domain?
Also the primary smtp address is it the registered

(immediate)
>5.1.8.  Stating that the person coldn't be found in the
organization
>and probably moved to another one.

>So what I've tried also to do is make a second SMTP
connector with
>businesssolutions.be in the address space and told the
connector to
>deliver the mail to a smart host

(mail.businesssolutions.be - which is
Quote:>the actual SMTP server for that domain) but it still
doesn't work
>after restarting all the ES services.

>Now we added a second ES2000 + W2K for another

organization that is on

Quote:>the same physical network we also created the AD schema
but completely
>standalone.  So we created a new forest also with a new ES
>organization.  The strange thing is is they want to mail
to the
>external email addresses of the first organization they
get an NDR
>5.1.8 also.  When the first organization mails to the
second again the
>5.1.8 NDR appears.

>It's a very frustrating error and I can't seem to find
anywhere on the
>net, nor the ms website, a document concerning the error.

>If somebody has this error also or knows a solution
please contact me
>so we can combine our forces.

>thx and regards!
>Christof Vandewalle
>System Engineer Business Solutions
>.

NDR - 5.1.8 - Undocumented Exchange NDR Error

Post by C. Vandewal » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:33:52

No but I've a default reciepient policy where I only have put in the
local domains.  Is there something else todo ?

Regards,
Christof

> Do you have a recipient policy for that domain?

NDR - 5.1.8 - Undocumented Exchange NDR Error

Post by C. Vandewal » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:16:02

the problem is not DNS related.  All MX records are setup correctly
other companies have no problem whatsoever mailing to the domains.

Any other thoughts ?

> Most connectivity problems are DNS related!

> Did you set up DNS MX records for your Domain on a valid
> internet DNS server?
> Is your email domain registered as a valid internet
> domain?
> Also the primary smtp address is it the registered

1. NDR - 5.1.8 - Undocumented Exchange NDR Error

[...]

2. Viewing Mail-enabled Security Groups

3. NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

4. OWA Exchange 2000 logon issue

5. Disabling NDR and forwarding all NDR mail to an admin account

6. Logon problems after pst file corruption

7. NDR's and Post _full_ _unaltered_ NDR.

8. Exchange client deleted items

9. Exchange NDR error message

10. Exchange with a POP3/SMTP compliant client getting NDR errors

11. NDR with ETRN and errors 451 and 450

12. NDR error message

13. Error 4.4.6 NDR Message