Public folder rules: why SMTP address doesn't work

Public folder rules: why SMTP address doesn't work

Post by 2Pro » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 07:13:57

address?

> Hi,

> I have a quesiton about public folder rules.

> I'm the owner of public folder (I'm admin of Exchange server too). I want
> set a rule that when there is a new post or mail in this PF (public
folder),
> automatically forward a copy to anther mail address. For the destination
> address (see the JPG file for screen shot).

> If I key in an address outside of the Exchange organization (say,

> destination address. If I click the TO button and choose from GAL instead
of
> key in the address, the rule works.

> Server: NT4 + SP6, Exchange 5.5 + SP3.
> Client: Outlook 97.

> Can anyone have me with this?

> Many thanks,

> Moses

Public folder rules: why SMTP address doesn't work

Post by Lanwenc » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:12:13

Do you have "autoreply to the internet" enabled in the Exchange IMC? It is
disabled by default, to prevent looping problems.

Please don't post attachments.

> Hi,

> I have a quesiton about public folder rules.

> I'm the owner of public folder (I'm admin of Exchange server too). I want
> set a rule that when there is a new post or mail in this PF (public
folder),
> automatically forward a copy to anther mail address. For the destination
> address (see the JPG file for screen shot).

> If I key in an address outside of the Exchange organization (say,

> destination address. If I click the TO button and choose from GAL instead
of
> key in the address, the rule works.

> Server: NT4 + SP6, Exchange 5.5 + SP3.
> Client: Outlook 97.

> Can anyone have me with this?

> Many thanks,

> Moses

1. exchange public folder auto reply with external address still doesn't work

I have read and tried all the suggestions on this news group but the auto
reply still doesn't work.
Config:
- Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Win2000
- IMC setup to allow auto replies and out of office.
- I am a member of the NT Administrators group as well as the domain admin
- Outlook 97 and Outlook2000 (tried both, but I mainly us 97)

The steps I follow are:
1. create a sub-folder directly beneth the "All Public Folders" folder in OL
2. Go into exchange Admin and change the smtp address to the one I want
3. Add myself and the group everyone with "Send As" role to the permissions
(also tried making the address visible in address book)
default to author (tried contributor also).
5. Go to folder assistant and add rule.
6. the rule is a reply with template.
7. add some text to the message body and remove the "save sent message to"
option.
8. hit "save and close"

Send a message to the address from an external email address (e.g. hotmail).
The message get's to the PF but no reply is sent back.

I have also changed the above steps to include a forward rule to an external
address (e.g. hotmail). The forwarded message is sent but not the reply.

I have no further idea where to go from here as based on all the information
I have read I am doing everything correctly but not getting the result I
want.

Any help comments or suggestions will be welcomed.

Frank

2. SP2 or SP3?

3. Forward rule to SMTP doesn't work after upgrade to 5.5 sp1

4. How to email DL entries to recipient

5. Public folder rule - Reply doesn't use Reply-to field

6. Problems with Application Converter

7. OMA and T68

8. Public folder replication doesn't work from sub domain to root domain

9. E-mail to a Public Folder doesn't work

10. Inbox Assistant Rules don't work for SMTP Addresses

11. public folder permission doesn't work

12. Why doesn't NewMail work???