Missing contacts in public folder

Post by Alan Kositzk » Sun, 21 Sep 2003 06:36:17

We have our contacts in a shared public folder.  There
were over 2,000 contacts in the database, now there are
only 54 showing up.  Autoarchive was turned on for
several of the client computers (Outlook XP), but I did
not think that this would affect shared contact folders.
Could this delete these contacts?  How can I turn off
archiving for the shared contact folder?  I am also new
to Exchange Server 2003, I don't know if there are
retention policies in there that could have been
responsible for deleting these files.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Missing contacts in public folder

Post by Michael A. Abbaticchio[MVP » Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:48:18

Were there any age limits specified?  Did someone change the default age
limit?

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

Quote:> We have our contacts in a shared public folder.  There
> were over 2,000 contacts in the database, now there are
> only 54 showing up.  Autoarchive was turned on for
> several of the client computers (Outlook XP), but I did
> not think that this would affect shared contact folders.
> Could this delete these contacts?  How can I turn off
> archiving for the shared contact folder?  I am also new
> to Exchange Server 2003, I don't know if there are
> retention policies in there that could have been
> responsible for deleting these files.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

Missing contacts in public folder

Post by Alan Kositzk » Fri, 26 Sep 2003 03:55:08

I don't know...not that I know of.  Where would I check
this?

message

>> We have our contacts in a shared public folder.  There
>> were over 2,000 contacts in the database, now there are
>> only 54 showing up.  Autoarchive was turned on for
>> several of the client computers (Outlook XP), but I did
>> not think that this would affect shared contact
folders.
>> Could this delete these contacts?  How can I turn off
>> archiving for the shared contact folder?  I am also new
>> to Exchange Server 2003, I don't know if there are
>> retention policies in there that could have been
>> responsible for deleting these files.  Any help would
be
>> appreciated.

>.

1. All the contact items are missing in Public Folders

I did today two restores on my Exchange 2000 test server: one from a month
ago, one from two months ago. Both were 100% successful, mounted OK,
reconnected the mailbox BUT all the contacts in Public Folders are missing.
I am able to see there messages, posts, tasks but no contacts. I am able to
see the contacts in my production Exchange Public Folders. What's going on?
Is there something I am missing ?

/Ivan

2. Slow SMTP Delivery

3. Public Folders & Missing Contacts

4. Exchange 2000 for Internet Mail

5. owa viewing of contacts created as a public folder and calendars/tasks missing lines

6. Any of them face below error when using Arc server 2000 for backup & device = HP DLT tape drive .

7. public folder contacts go missing

8. CDO 1.21 w/ Exch2K?

9. Can Public contact folder be default contact folder??

10. copying contact items from mailboxes and public folders to another public folder

11. how to recover the public folder journal entries in the public folder contacts

12. Public Folders Question (Public Contact Folders)

13. Associate Public Folder Contact with Public Folder Calendar