"BAD" messages causes information store to shut down

"BAD" messages causes information store to shut down

Post by Drew Burgasse » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Over the past few weeks, certain incoming messages are causing the
information store to shut down with error messages like:

memory could not be written.

and...

Application error has occured and an application log is being generated.
Store.exe exception...

and...

An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail Service
uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server.  It is possible
that the piece of mail being processed at the time will not be delivered.
The message that was being processed has been moved to the "BAD" folder.
Use the appropriate utilities found in SUPPORT directory of your Exchange CD
to view and manipulate these messages.

The first couple of times, I restored the information store from backup to
fix the problem.  But the last couple of times, I went so far as to delete
the database and have Exchange recreate it from scratch.  Same problems.

Interestingly, the event viewer shows the subject of the "BAD" message in
question.  I forget the first couple, but the last two were "Send your mom a
card and win big," and "She gave you life.  What will you give her?"
Obvious spam.

Any suggestions on what I can do?  I can't find out where the messages come
from.  I was unable to use mdbvu32 to view the messages.  Is it really
possible for these messages to corrupt the Exchange database?  Is there
something else I should be looking at?

Exchange Server 5.0, sp2.

Thanks,

Drew Burgasser
CAD Masters, Inc.

"BAD" messages causes information store to shut down

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Get postSP2 hot-fixes, read release notes, backup and apply them.

> Over the past few weeks, certain incoming messages are causing the
> information store to shut down with error messages like:

> memory could not be written.

> and...

> Application error has occured and an application log is being generated.
> Store.exe exception...

> and...

> An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail Service
> uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server.  It is possible
> that the piece of mail being processed at the time will not be delivered.
> The message that was being processed has been moved to the "BAD" folder.
> Use the appropriate utilities found in SUPPORT directory of your Exchange CD
> to view and manipulate these messages.

> The first couple of times, I restored the information store from backup to
> fix the problem.  But the last couple of times, I went so far as to delete
> the database and have Exchange recreate it from scratch.  Same problems.

> Interestingly, the event viewer shows the subject of the "BAD" message in
> question.  I forget the first couple, but the last two were "Send your mom a
> card and win big," and "She gave you life.  What will you give her?"
> Obvious spam.

> Any suggestions on what I can do?  I can't find out where the messages come
> from.  I was unable to use mdbvu32 to view the messages.  Is it really
> possible for these messages to corrupt the Exchange database?  Is there
> something else I should be looking at?

> Exchange Server 5.0, sp2.

> Thanks,

> Drew Burgasser
> CAD Masters, Inc.

group).

Kirill

"BAD" messages causes information store to shut down

Post by Drew Burgasse » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Both the Internet Mail Service and Information Store post sp2 hot-fixes have
been applied.  I did that after the first time this happened.

Thanks,

Drew Burgasser
CAD Masters, Inc.

> Get postSP2 hot-fixes, read release notes, backup and apply them.

> > Over the past few weeks, certain incoming messages are causing the
> > information store to shut down with error messages like:

> > memory could not be written.

> > and...

> > Application error has occured and an application log is being generated.
> > Store.exe exception...

> > and...

> > An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail
Service
> > uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server.  It is
possible
> > that the piece of mail being processed at the time will not be
delivered.
> > The message that was being processed has been moved to the "BAD" folder.
> > Use the appropriate utilities found in SUPPORT directory of your
Exchange CD
> > to view and manipulate these messages.

> > The first couple of times, I restored the information store from backup
> > fix the problem.  But the last couple of times, I went so far as to
delete
> > the database and have Exchange recreate it from scratch.  Same problems.

> > Interestingly, the event viewer shows the subject of the "BAD" message
in
> > question.  I forget the first couple, but the last two were "Send your
mom a
> > card and win big," and "She gave you life.  What will you give her?"
> > Obvious spam.

> > Any suggestions on what I can do?  I can't find out where the messages
come
> > from.  I was unable to use mdbvu32 to view the messages.  Is it really
> > possible for these messages to corrupt the Exchange database?  Is there
> > something else I should be looking at?

> > Exchange Server 5.0, sp2.

> > Thanks,

> > Drew Burgasser
> > CAD Masters, Inc.

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in
> group).
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

"BAD" messages causes information store to shut down

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

Call to M$ PSS (after this wave of #%$^#$#& goes down) or upgrade to ExchServ55
SP4 might be in order.

> Both the Internet Mail Service and Information Store post sp2 hot-fixes have
> been applied.  I did that after the first time this happened.

> Thanks,

> Drew Burgasser
> CAD Masters, Inc.

> > Get postSP2 hot-fixes, read release notes, backup and apply them.

> > > Over the past few weeks, certain incoming messages are causing the
> > > information store to shut down with error messages like:

> > > memory could not be written.

> > > and...

> > > Application error has occured and an application log is being generated.
> > > Store.exe exception...

> > > and...

> > > An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail
> Service
> > > uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server.  It is
> possible
> > > that the piece of mail being processed at the time will not be
> delivered.
> > > The message that was being processed has been moved to the "BAD" folder.
> > > Use the appropriate utilities found in SUPPORT directory of your
> Exchange CD
> > > to view and manipulate these messages.

> > > The first couple of times, I restored the information store from backup
> > > fix the problem.  But the last couple of times, I went so far as to
> delete
> > > the database and have Exchange recreate it from scratch.  Same problems.

> > > Interestingly, the event viewer shows the subject of the "BAD" message
> in
> > > question.  I forget the first couple, but the last two were "Send your
> mom a
> > > card and win big," and "She gave you life.  What will you give her?"
> > > Obvious spam.

> > > Any suggestions on what I can do?  I can't find out where the messages
> come
> > > from.  I was unable to use mdbvu32 to view the messages.  Is it really
> > > possible for these messages to corrupt the Exchange database?  Is there
> > > something else I should be looking at?

> > > Exchange Server 5.0, sp2.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Drew Burgasser
> > > CAD Masters, Inc.

> > --
> > If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
> (in
> > group).
> > And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> > Kirill

group).

Kirill

1. IISRESET causes Information Store to shut down!

Has anyone seen this behavour before.

If I need to perform an IISRESET for any reason, the information store
shuts itself down but does not restart itself after.

Is this a known problem or just my server?

Thanks guys

Adam

2. offlinr folder problems

3. "preventive maintance" error, exchangsvr shutting down

4. meeting time

5. "store.exe Bad Image" Crashes Exchange

6. emails to internal staff

7. Where is "Why PST = BAD""

8. Custom Message Routing?

9. Please Help""""""""""""""