Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

Post by Elijah Kaga » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00



Hello all,.
Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public
folder?
Thanks,
Elijah Kagan

 
 
 

Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

Post by Dieg » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00


You can set NONE on the default permissions but I had problems when
replicating the folder structure because the folder dissappeared from its
home server but did NOT dissappeared for other sites in the organization.


Quote:>Hello all,.
>Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public
>folder?
>Thanks,
>Elijah Kagan


 
 
 

Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

Post by Anthon » Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:00:00


Hide it.

--
Anthony


>Hello all,.
>Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public
>folder?
>Thanks,
>Elijah Kagan

 
 
 

Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

Post by David Rubi » Thu, 01 Jan 1998 04:00:00


Have you tried deleting the NNTP connector?  The folders are created
by default when the connector is installed.  

David Rubino
_____________



>You can set NONE on the default permissions but I had problems when
>replicating the folder structure because the folder dissappeared from its
>home server but did NOT dissappeared for other sites in the organization.


>>Hello all,.
>>Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public
>>folder?
>>Thanks,
>>Elijah Kagan

 
 
 

Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

Post by Corné Bogaart » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00


How? I can't in our system (v. 5.0). The 'Hide'-box is greyed-out...

Corn Bogaarts
--
Please also reply by E-mail.
Please remove the 'no spam' # from my address when replying by E-mail



> Hide it.

> --
> Anthony


> >Hello all,.
> >Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of the Internet Newsgroups
public
> >folder?
> >Thanks,
> >Elijah Kagan

 
 
 

Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

Post by Amiri Jone » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00




Quote:> How? I can't in our system (v. 5.0). The 'Hide'-box is greyed-out...

> Corn Bogaarts

        Change the Default role for the folder to None, and uncheck the Folder
Visible checkbox; this will fix the problem.
 
 
 

Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

Post by Corné Bogaart » Sat, 10 Jan 1998 04:00:00


Thanks

Corn
--
Please also reply by E-mail.
Please remove the 'no spam' # from my address when replying by E-mail





> > How? I can't in our system (v. 5.0). The 'Hide'-box is greyed-out...

> > Corn Bogaarts

>    Change the Default role for the folder to None, and uncheck the Folder
> Visible checkbox; this will fix the problem.

 
 
 

Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

Post by looke » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00


same problem here, cannot delete as either client or in admin program


>Have you tried deleting the NNTP connector?  The folders are created
>by default when the connector is installed.

>David Rubino
>_____________



>>You can set NONE on the default permissions but I had problems when
>>replicating the folder structure because the folder dissappeared from its
>>home server but did NOT dissappeared for other sites in the organization.


>>>Hello all,.
>>>Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public
>>>folder?
>>>Thanks,
>>>Elijah Kagan

 
 
 

Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

Post by Amiri Jone » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00




Quote:> same problem here, cannot delete as either client or in admin program

        Just set the role for Default to None, and this will hide the folder from
all clients, except the owner (and you can set your account as the owner).